regressions.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* Re: [BUG] net, pci: 6.3-rc1-4 hangs during boot on PowerEdge R620 with igb
       [not found] <m2fs9lgndw.fsf@gmail.com>
@ 2023-04-02 10:26 ` Linux regression tracking #adding (Thorsten Leemhuis)
From: Linux regression tracking #adding (Thorsten Leemhuis) @ 2023-04-02 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Donald Hunter, linux-kernel, linux-pci, Rob Herring,
	Bjorn Helgaas, netdev, Jesse Brandeburg, Tony Nguyen,
	Linux kernel regressions list

[CCing the regression list, as it should be in the loop for regressions:
https://docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/reporting-regressions.html]

[TLDR: I'm adding this report to the list of tracked Linux kernel
regressions; the text you find below is based on a few templates
paragraphs you might have encountered already in similar form.
See link in footer if these mails annoy you.]

On 31.03.23 13:40, Donald Hunter wrote:
> The 6.3-rc1 and later release candidates are hanging during boot on our
> Dell PowerEdge R620 servers with Intel I350 nics (igb).
>
> After bisecting from v6.2 to v6.3-rc1, I isolated the problem to:
>
> [6fffbc7ae1373e10b989afe23a9eeb9c49fe15c3] PCI: Honor firmware's device
> disabled status
> [...]

Thanks for the report. To be sure the issue doesn't fall through the
cracks unnoticed, I'm adding it to regzbot, the Linux kernel regression
tracking bot:

#regzbot ^introduced 6fffbc7ae1373e10b989afe23a9eeb9c49fe15c3
#regzbot title pci: / net: igb: hangs during boot on PowerEdge R620
#regzbot ignore-activity

This isn't a regression? This issue or a fix for it are already
discussed somewhere else? It was fixed already? You want to clarify when
the regression started to happen? Or point out I got the title or
something else totally wrong? Then just reply and tell me -- ideally
while also telling regzbot about it, as explained by the page listed in
the footer of this mail.

Developers: When fixing the issue, remember to add 'Link:' tags pointing
to the report (the parent of this mail). See page linked in footer for
details.

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
That page also explains what to do if mails like this annoy you.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-04-02 10:26 UTC | newest]