regressions.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* Fwd: question on driver for phy dp83td510e
       [not found] ` <CAM3i8OF1mC21wzwfsvhQTK7PPa0myCwftyhA9U1r7HR_0Q3fLQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2022-06-20  8:45   ` Ernesto Vigano'
From: Ernesto Vigano' @ 2022-06-20  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stable; +Cc: regressions, o.rempel

I see that some weeks ago a driver for phy dp83td510e from TI
(https://www.ti.com/product/DP83TD510E).
I see that it's really different from the Linux driver supplied by TI
on its official repo
https://git.ti.com/gitweb?p=ti-analog-linux-kernel/dmurphy-analog.git;a=commit;h=fefa908e4e3262455a0cec08f3bb7161d7792d02
As an example, TI writes some undocumented register for version 1.0 of the PHY.

Should I forget about the TI driver?
Or is there something that should be integrated in
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/net/phy/dp83td510.c
?

Thanks

* Re: Fwd: question on driver for phy dp83td510e
@ 2022-06-20  8:55     ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2022-06-20  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ernesto Vigano'; +Cc: stable, regressions, o.rempel

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 10:45:59AM +0200, Ernesto Vigano' wrote:
> I see that some weeks ago a driver for phy dp83td510e from TI
> (https://www.ti.com/product/DP83TD510E).
> I see that it's really different from the Linux driver supplied by TI
> on its official repo
> https://git.ti.com/gitweb?p=ti-analog-linux-kernel/dmurphy-analog.git;a=commit;h=fefa908e4e3262455a0cec08f3bb7161d7792d02
> As an example, TI writes some undocumented register for version 1.0 of the PHY.
>
> Should I forget about the TI driver?
> Or is there something that should be integrated in
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/net/phy/dp83td510.c

Why not ask on the proper mailing list and also ask the TI developers
about why they are not submitting their changes upstream to us?

This has nothing to do with the stable or regressions list, sorry.

good luck!

greg k-h