SELinux-Refpolicy Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / Atom feed
* read_file_perms vs mmap_read_file_perms
@ 2019-02-09 10:25 Russell Coker
From: Russell Coker @ 2019-02-09 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selinux-refpolicy

define(`read_file_perms',`{ getattr open read lock ioctl }')
define(`mmap_read_file_perms',`{ getattr open map read ioctl }')

I think that the general expectation would be that mmap_read_file_perms is a
superset of read_file_perms.  Is there any reason why mmap_read_file_perms
doesn't include lock permission?  If not I think we should add it to avoid
surprises.

* Re: read_file_perms vs mmap_read_file_perms
@ 2019-02-09 14:07 ` Chris PeBenito
From: Chris PeBenito @ 2019-02-09 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russell Coker, selinux-refpolicy

On 2/9/19 5:25 AM, Russell Coker wrote:
> define(`read_file_perms',`{ getattr open read lock ioctl }')
> define(`mmap_read_file_perms',`{ getattr open map read ioctl }')
>
> I think that the general expectation would be that mmap_read_file_perms is a
> superset of read_file_perms.  Is there any reason why mmap_read_file_perms
> doesn't include lock permission?  If not I think we should add it to avoid
> surprises.

You are correct, it should be a proper superset.  However, my preference
would be to go the other way and eliminate lock from read_file_perms,
which is what I'm trying to do with mmap_read_file_perms not being a
proper superset.

--
Chris PeBenito

* Re: read_file_perms vs mmap_read_file_perms
@ 2019-02-10  0:04   ` Russell Coker
From: Russell Coker @ 2019-02-10  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris PeBenito, selinux-refpolicy

Now that we have just had a release it's a good time for changes that have the potential to break things. So removing lock now would be ok I guess.

--
Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 with K-9 Mail.