selinux.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: Why is bash calling ioctl?
       [not found] <84f08014-17f6-f0a9-0f98-34d62ca84abf@gmail.com>
@ 2019-01-30 18:16 ` Stephen Smalley
From: Stephen Smalley @ 2019-01-30 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Pilcher, SELinux

On 1/30/19 12:59 PM, Ian Pilcher wrote:
> This is not strictly an SELinux question, but I figure that someone may
> have run across this before and have some idea what's going on.
>
>   type=AVC msg=audit(1548870149.222:8945): avc:  denied  { ioctl } for
> pid=20752 comm="bash" path="/etc/pki/radiusd/certmonger-post.sh"
> dev="dm-0" ino=8415894 ioctlcmd=5401
> scontext=system_u:system_r:certmonger_t:s0
> tcontext=unconfined_u:object_r:radiusd_cert_t:s0 tclass=file permissive=0
>
> This occurs when certmonger runs:
>
>    '/usr/bin/bash /etc/pki/radiusd/certmonger-post.sh'
>
> Try as a might, I can't think of any reason why bash would be calling
> ioctl on a script file, so I'm not sure whether to dontaudit or allow
> this (as it seems to be a non-fatal error).
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

(corrected list address to the new list location; please note for future
postings)

ioctlcmd=5401 is TCGETS.  This is used by isatty() to probe whether a
descriptor refers to a tty.  bash is checking whether the descriptor is
a tty.  You can generally dontaudit harmlessly.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-01-30 18:14 UTC | newest]