selinux.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Mod to Makefile for reiserfs
@ 2003-09-16 21:27 Dale Amon
From: Dale Amon @ 2003-09-16 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SELinux Mail List

I'm about to try labeling a reiserfs disk... wish
me luck.

Also, I note that in the relabel and reset sections
of the Makefile, the expression fed to awk will have
to be modified to:

	/ext[23]|reiserfs/

However this gets messy because even at best (assuming
they work!) the new patches are only going to be
present if someone goes to the trouble of finding and
installing them.

Is there any way to deal with this other than just
telling folk "If you use the reiserfs patch on your
kernel, you'll have to edit the selinux Makefile"?

* Re: Mod to Makefile for reiserfs
@ 2003-09-17 10:25 ` Russell Coker
From: Russell Coker @ 2003-09-17 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dale Amon, SELinux Mail List

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:27, Dale Amon wrote:
> Is there any way to deal with this other than just
> telling folk "If you use the reiserfs patch on your
> kernel, you'll have to edit the selinux Makefile"?

Why not just tell them to do "setfiles file_contexts/file_contexts /" instead
of changing the Makefile.

If someone is capable of getting those ReiserFS patches working then it
shouldn't be difficult for them to manage this.