spdk.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* [SPDK] The low water mark in NVMe/TCP target
@ 2022-07-07 12:35 Bin Yang
From: Bin Yang @ 2022-07-07 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Hello, Everyone!

I find spdk set low water mark in NVMe/TCP target to 8 bytes (sizeof(struct spdk_nvme_tcp_common_pdu_hdr))
In my test case, sometimes, there might be very small data packet (as small as 4 bytes) be sent to wire,After
this, if there is no more data sent to the same socket, this small data packet won’t be received by NVMe/TCP controller qpair poll,
because the size hasn’t reached the low watermark.

So I want to know:

1)    Why spdk need to set low watermark in NVMe/TCP target to 8 bytes,I don't think there's much advantage in doing that?

2)    Can we set low watermark in NVMe/TCP target to 1 bytes just like iscsi target_does?

Thanks,

Bin

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-07-07 12:35 UTC | newest]