spdk.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* [SPDK] Why two perf processes can't scale out?
@ 2022-05-09 14:01 645505358
From: 645505358 @ 2022-05-09 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Hi guys,
 The nvmf_tgt is running in one node and perf is running in another node.
I first get the peak performance of nvmf_tgt by setting the io depth (-q) of perf to 64.
And the peak performance is 4GB/s.
Then I set the io depth of perf to 1 and found that the performance becomes 1GB/s.
This is understandable to me.
But when I run two perf with io depth equal to 1, the performance is shared by two perf processes (i.e., each has 500mb/s).
so, what resources are they competing for so that performance cannot scale?
Thanks.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-05-09 14:01 UTC | newest]