spdk.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* [SPDK] Re: Can nvmeof device add more namespaces(bdev) dynamically?
@ 2022-06-17  1:02 jacky8lu
From: jacky8lu @ 2022-06-17  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Hi Jim,

   I will check the supported of nvme aen. Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

* [SPDK] Re: Can nvmeof device add more namespaces(bdev) dynamically?
@ 2022-06-15 16:43 Harris, James R
From: Harris, James R @ 2022-06-15 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

The SPDK nvme bdev module listens for asynchronous event notifications (AENs).  A well-functioning NVMe controller will send an AEN to the host when namespaces have been attached.  When the nvme bdev module receives the AEN, it will automatically rescan the nvme controller and register any new namespaces as bdevs.

Best regards,

Jim

From: Jacky 元傑 <jacky8lu(a)yahoo.com.tw>
Date: Tuesday, June 14, 2022 at 7:17 PM
To: spdk(a)lists.01.org <spdk(a)lists.01.org>
Subject: [SPDK] Can nvmeof device add more namespaces(bdev) dynamically?
Hey guys,
I have a question.
The  bdev_nvme_attach_controller  add all namespaces of this nvme as bdevs.I have created some namespaces attach to  system,  then I create more ns at the same nvme later. How can I re-scan the nvme ctrl  new namespace as bdev?It is easy to re-attach again, but the former namespaces(bdev) are in-using.
Thank you