spdk.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* [SPDK] PSA: the spdk list will be moving to lists.linux.dev
@ 2023-11-21 21:38 Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2023-11-21 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Hello, all:

The mailman-2 system running on lists.linuxfoundation.org is being
decommissioned, so all lists currently hosted there will be found new homes.
Some time next week, the SPDK list will be migrated to live on
lists.linux.dev, but the impact of this move should be minor:

1. The new canonical list address will be spdk@lists.linux.dev.

2. *The old address will continue to work* for the foreseeable future, so any
   existing conversations can continue and any new messages sent to the old
   list address will be properly delivered to all subscribers.

3. All members will be automatically subscribed to the new list, so no action
   is required on anyone's part to keep receiving list mail.

4. The list will be archived on https://lore.kernel.org/spdk/ with all prior
   archives automatically imported.

5. The List-ID header will change, regardless to which address the message is
   sent:

   before: List-Id: <spdk.lists.linuxfoundation.org>
    after: List-Id: <spdk.lists.linux.dev>

   You will need to update your filtering rules if you filter based on the
   contents of that header (on or after the migration date).

6. The mailman footer will no longer be added to message bodies and the
   subject will no longer be modified to insert [SPDK] (because this
   violates DMARC).

7. Subscribing and unsubscribing will be done using the mlmmj supported
   commands, documented at https://subspace.kernel.org/subscribing.html

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Otherwise, I will
follow up next week with the exact date and time of the move.

Best regards,
-K

* Re: [SPDK] PSA: the spdk list will be moving to lists.linux.dev
@ 2023-12-18 23:04 ` Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2023-12-18 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

On Tue, 21 Nov 2023 at 16:38, Konstantin Ryabitsev
<konstantin@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> Hello, all:
>
> The mailman-2 system running on lists.linuxfoundation.org is being
> decommissioned, so all lists currently hosted there will be found new homes.
> Some time next week, the SPDK list will be migrated to live on
> lists.linux.dev, but the impact of this move should be minor:
>
> 1. The new canonical list address will be spdk@lists.linux.dev.
>
> 2. *The old address will continue to work* for the foreseeable future, so any
>    existing conversations can continue and any new messages sent to the old
>    list address will be properly delivered to all subscribers.
>
> 3. All members will be automatically subscribed to the new list, so no action
>    is required on anyone's part to keep receiving list mail.
>
> 4. The list will be archived on https://lore.kernel.org/spdk/ with all prior
>    archives automatically imported.
>
> 5. The List-ID header will change, regardless to which address the message is
>    sent:
>
>    before: List-Id: <spdk.lists.linuxfoundation.org>
>     after: List-Id: <spdk.lists.linux.dev>
>
>    You will need to update your filtering rules if you filter based on the
>    contents of that header (on or after the migration date).
>
> 6. The mailman footer will no longer be added to message bodies and the
>    subject will no longer be modified to insert [SPDK] (because this
>    violates DMARC).
>
> 7. Subscribing and unsubscribing will be done using the mlmmj supported
>    commands, documented at https://subspace.kernel.org/subscribing.html
>
> Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Otherwise, I will
> follow up next week with the exact date and time of the move.

Hello:

This took a bit longer than expected due to other work, but the
migration of this list will take place this Thursday, December 21, at
11AM US-Pacific (19:00 UTC). I will follow up once this work has been
completed.

-K

* Re: PSA: the spdk list will be moving to lists.linux.dev
@ 2023-12-21 20:33 ` Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2023-12-21 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

On Tue, 21 Nov 2023 at 16:38, Konstantin Ryabitsev
<konstantin@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> Hello, all:
>
> The mailman-2 system running on lists.linuxfoundation.org is being
> decommissioned, so all lists currently hosted there will be found new homes.
> Some time next week, the SPDK list will be migrated to live on
> lists.linux.dev, but the impact of this move should be minor:
>
> 1. The new canonical list address will be spdk@lists.linux.dev.
>
> 2. *The old address will continue to work* for the foreseeable future, so any
>    existing conversations can continue and any new messages sent to the old
>    list address will be properly delivered to all subscribers.
>
> 3. All members will be automatically subscribed to the new list, so no action
>    is required on anyone's part to keep receiving list mail.
>
> 4. The list will be archived on https://lore.kernel.org/spdk/ with all prior
>    archives automatically imported.
>
> 5. The List-ID header will change, regardless to which address the message is
>    sent:
>
>    before: List-Id: <spdk.lists.linuxfoundation.org>
>     after: List-Id: <spdk.lists.linux.dev>
>
>    You will need to update your filtering rules if you filter based on the
>    contents of that header (on or after the migration date).
>
> 6. The mailman footer will no longer be added to message bodies and the
>    subject will no longer be modified to insert [SPDK] (because this
>    violates DMARC).
>
> 7. Subscribing and unsubscribing will be done using the mlmmj supported
>    commands, documented at https://subspace.kernel.org/subscribing.html

Hello:

This work is complete and this message acts as a test to make sure
everything is working properly. The list archives will be moved later
today.

Best regards,
Konstantin