spdk.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* [SPDK] Re: Asking for how to transparently add a new physical device and resize the bdev?
@ 2022-01-07 21:21 Harris, James R
From: Harris, James R @ 2022-01-07 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Hi all,

Shuo has started a Slack conversation on this topic as well.  Rather than copying that discussion here, you can view the discussion at the following link if you are interested:

https://spdk-team.slack.com/archives/CJE4C98G1/p1641578075005000?thread_ts=1641542295.002300&cid=CJE4C98G1

Regards,

Jim

On 1/7/22, 11:08 AM, "shuo.chen(a)databricks.com" <shuo.chen(a)databricks.com> wrote:

    here is my scenario:
    * I create a bdev1 based on /dev/nvme1 and let the application starts using it.
    * After sometime, I found that bdev1 is out of space.
    * I wanna attach an new physical device /dev/nvme2 into bdev1 and resize bdev1 to a large size and make it totally transparent to application.

    I've taken look at lvstore, I didn't see any iterface to add new devices into the store.
    Also tried with raid. Similarly, we can't attach new device after raid bdev is created.
    I wanna know any suggestions.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-01-07 21:21 UTC | newest]