spdk.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* [SPDK] [Release] 22.05: SMA, accel_fw compress, virtio-blk transport abstraction
@ 2022-05-27  7:03 Zawadzki, Tomasz
From: Zawadzki, Tomasz @ 2022-05-27  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

On behalf of the SPDK community I'm pleased to announce the release of SPDK 22.05!

This release contains the following new features:

- Storage Management Agent: Added a service providing a gRPC interface for orchestrating SPDK applications. Please see https://spdk.io/doc/sma.html for details.
- Accelerator framework compression: Added API for compress and decompress operations to the accelerator framework.
- Accelerator framework IAA: Added support for the Intel (R) Analytics Accelerator device.
- RAID concat: Added concat module to RAID bdev. This is a special RAID level that can add multiple underlying bdevs, extending the concat bdev size.
- virtio-blk transport abstraction: Added abstraction for creating virtio-blk transports, with the `vhost_user_blk` as the first one.
- vfio-user interrupt coalescing: Added adaptive interrupt feature for vfio-user transport. New parameter `disable_adaptive_irq` was added to the RPC `nvmf_create_transport`.
- NVMe multipath: Added support for active/active policy and selecting preferred I/O path.
- NVMe-oF RDMA: Added asynchronous qpair connect.

The full changelog for this release is available at:
https://github.com/spdk/spdk/releases/tag/v22.05

This release contains 749 commits from 63 authors with over 39k lines of code changed.

We'd especially like to recognize all of our first time contributors:

	Alexis Lescouet
	Alex Michon
	Aviv Ben-David
	Boris Glimcher
	Chunsong Feng
	Duan Zhang
	Gal Hammer
	Gu Zhimin
	Jaroslaw Chachulski
	Jon Kohler
	Kamil Godzwon
	Lu Zhipeng
	Mike Gerdts
	Milosz Linkiewicz
	Samir Raval
	Sebastian Brzezinka
	Weiguo Li
	Xiaoxiang Zhang
	Yuriy Umanets
	Ziv Hirsch

Thanks to everyone for your contributions, participation, and effort!

Thanks,
Tomek

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-05-27  7:03 UTC | newest]