spdk.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* [SPDK] Re: Some doubts about spdk attach nvme device
@ 2022-01-04  6:36 Cao, Gang
From: Cao, Gang @ 2022-01-04  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

What's the major functionalities of Process C? Is it just for control path management?

If it is for control path management, maybe you could try to use "CUSE" support and get the NVMe devices from Process A and B.

Refer to https://spdk.io/doc/nvme.html, search "Enabling cuse support for NVMe"

I know what you mean, but now process A and process B must be primary, because their huge page files need to be isolated from each other. so the shm_id of process A and process B are now different,this cannot be modified.

* [SPDK] Re: Some doubts about spdk attach nvme device
@ 2022-01-04  6:48 alex.xu
From: alex.xu @ 2022-01-04  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

The main function of process C is to read disk data without writing

@ 2022-01-04  6:28 xu_zhaoqian
From: xu_zhaoqian @ 2022-01-04  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

@ 2022-01-04  4:16 Cao, Gang
From: Cao, Gang @ 2022-01-04  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

For this scenario, as you described Primary and Secondary, you could use the Multi-Process support by Primary and Secondary processes by setting the same shm_id parameter.

Maybe here just use Process C as the primary to take over both nvme0n1 and nvme1n1 and then process A and process B as secondary to only operate nvme0n1 and nvme1n1 respectively.