stable.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Security fixes for 4.14
@ 2018-11-29 22:27 Ben Hutchings
From: Ben Hutchings @ 2018-11-29 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Kroah-Hartman, Sasha Levin; +Cc: stable

I've backported a number of fixes for security issues affecting 4.14-
stable.  All of these are already fixed in 4.19-stable.

Most of the issues involve filesystem validation, and I tested with the
reproducers where available.

For the BPF fix, I verified that the self-tests didn't regress and
temporarily added logging to check that the mitigation is applied when
needed.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings, Software Developer                         Codethink Ltd
https://www.codethink.co.uk/                 Dale House, 35 Dale Street

[-- Attachment #2: security-4.14.mbox --]
[-- Type: application/mbox, Size: 297968 bytes --]

* Re: Security fixes for 4.14
@ 2018-12-02 14:54 ` Sasha Levin
From: Sasha Levin @ 2018-12-02 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Hutchings; +Cc: Greg Kroah-Hartman, Sasha Levin, stable

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 10:27:51PM +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
>I've backported a number of fixes for security issues affecting 4.14-
>stable.  All of these are already fixed in 4.19-stable.
>
>Most of the issues involve filesystem validation, and I tested with the
>reproducers where available.
>
>For the BPF fix, I verified that the self-tests didn't regress and
>temporarily added logging to check that the mitigation is applied when
>needed.

Queued for 4.14, thank you.

Sasha