tech-board-discuss.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* [Tech-board-discuss] Nomination for 2022 TAB Election
@ 2022-09-10  6:53 Dan Williams
From: Dan Williams @ 2022-09-10  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tech-board-discuss

Please add me to the list of candidates for the 2022 Technical Advisory
Board election.

The TAB, in addition to its role as a voice of technologists to the
Linux Foundation, also serves the needs of the Linux kernel community at
large. Its ability to affect change is derived solely from the personal
influence of its members. For my part I bring the experience of
maintaining support for the NVDIMM (persistent memory) subsystem, the
Compute Express Link subsystem, and otherwise being involved in upstream
Linux kernel development for 17 years.

I believe the community is well served by experienced technologists on
the TAB, but also members that can productively engage on topics of open
source best practices, inclusion, and healthy maintainer-contributor
interactions. I remain committed and motivated to serve on the TAB and
do my part to support the long term health of the Linux kernel project.

* [Tech-board-discuss] Nomination for 2022 TAB election
@ 2022-09-10 12:14 Christian Brauner
From: Christian Brauner @ 2022-09-10 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tech-board-discuss

Hello everyone,

I would like to stand for election to the Technical Advisory Board.

I'm a long time kernel contributer and maintainer. Over the years I've
been working on various parts of the kernel spanning multiple subsystems
but generally focus on filesystems and the vfs nowadays.

I also maintain and help develop various low-level userspace projects.
So one of my technical focusses is to bring low-level userspace and the
kernel closer together. Over the last few years we made some good
progress in this area as we've seen closer interaction between the
kernel and projects consuming kernel APIs but there's more work to do.

I have been a part of the Linux Plumbers organizing committee for a
while now trying to keep the conference and its community alive and
vibrant during the unique challenges we all had to face in the last
years.

On the TAB I aim to continue to help foster a healthy kernel community
as it is the most important precondition to technical excellence. We
need to continously bring on new developers and help ease their way into
the community so they stay on as long-term contributors and eventually
can turn into maintainers.

As part of the TAB I want want to continue to help ensure there is
proper support for core infrastructure work that the kernel community
relies on. A lot of us have seen the positive impact that the new
tooling has had on our workflows.

The TAB is a great enviroment to help the community in addition to
technical work we do and I would be happy if I got to serve as part of
it again!

If you have any questions just write me a mail or - if you happen to
attend Linux Plumbers - just catch me in person.

Thanks!
Christian