tools.linux.kernel.org archive mirror
* b4 ty not remembering fetched patches
@ 2020-05-15 18:19 Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2020-05-15 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Ryabitsev; +Cc: tools

Hi Konstantin,

When I run

	b4 am -t 20200515104758.6934-1-Sergey.Semin@baikalelectronics.ru

a mailbox is generated (incomplete due to issues with vger spam
filtering) but the fetched patches are not recorded in the b4 ty
database (as showing by b4 ty -l).  This happens even if only patches
that are present on the list are requested on the command line.

Thanks,
Mark

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: b4 ty not remembering fetched patches
@ 2020-05-15 18:36 ` Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2020-05-15 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown; +Cc: tools

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 07:19:18PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> Hi Konstantin,
>
> When I run
>
> 	b4 am -t 20200515104758.6934-1-Sergey.Semin@baikalelectronics.ru
>
> a mailbox is generated (incomplete due to issues with vger spam
> filtering) but the fetched patches are not recorded in the b4 ty
> database (as showing by b4 ty -l).  This happens even if only patches
> that are present on the list are requested on the command line.

Right, this was intentional due to trying to be over-cautious. If we
don't have the complete thread, then we probably shouldn't be tracking
if this incomplete thread was applied or not -- at least that was my
thinking. What is your thoughts on that?

Of course, if we're specifically selecting a subset of that thread, we
shouldn't be applying that logic. I'll see if I can add that caveat in.

Thanks,
-K

* Re: b4 ty not remembering fetched patches
@ 2020-05-15 19:26   ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2020-05-15 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Ryabitsev; +Cc: tools