tools.linux.kernel.org archive mirror
* b4 not fetching proper patch
@ 2020-10-27 17:31 Alexandre Belloni
From: Alexandre Belloni @ 2020-10-27 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Ryabitsev; +Cc: users, tools

Hello,

I'm not sure this is worth fixing but I though I would report it anyway:

I want to apply just this patch:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-rtc/20200924105256.18162-2-u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de/

However b4 am -p linux-rtc -c -t -s -l -P _ -o - 20200924105256.18162-2-u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de
ends up with:

Grabbing thread from lore.kernel.org/linux-rtc
Checking for newer revisions on https://lore.kernel.org/linux-rtc/
Analyzing 20 messages in the thread
Will use the latest revision: v2
You can pick other revisions using the -vN flag
---
Specified msgid is not present in the series, cannot cherry-pick

The issue here is that this series has been sent as a reply to another
series labeled v2 that it supersedes and b4 insists in using this v2.

--
Alexandre Belloni, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering