tools.linux.kernel.org archive mirror
* b4 shazam --continue
@ 2022-10-21 15:44 Thierry Reding
From: Thierry Reding @ 2022-10-21 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Ryabitsev; +Cc: tools, users

Hi Konstantin,

when I apply a patch or series and midway some error occurs (could be
checkpatch or conflict, for example) shazam will interrupt the operation
and drop me to a shell. I can then resolve whatever errors those are and
resume using git am --continue, but that has the side-effect of loosing
track of the patch/series. Things like added Link: tags still work, but
thankyous are no longer tracked.

I've gone through the documentation and various b4 threads on this list
but haven't found any solution to this. Is there a way to have shazam
pick up where it left off? Or would it be possible to add such a
mechanism?

Thanks,
Thierry

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: b4 shazam --continue
@ 2022-10-24 21:19 ` Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2022-10-24 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thierry Reding; +Cc: tools, users

On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 05:44:51PM +0200, Thierry Reding wrote:
> when I apply a patch or series and midway some error occurs (could be
> checkpatch or conflict, for example) shazam will interrupt the operation
> and drop me to a shell. I can then resolve whatever errors those are and
> resume using git am --continue, but that has the side-effect of loosing
> track of the patch/series. Things like added Link: tags still work, but
> thankyous are no longer tracked.
>
> I've gone through the documentation and various b4 threads on this list
> but haven't found any solution to this. Is there a way to have shazam
> pick up where it left off? Or would it be possible to add such a
> mechanism?

Right, I think the best course of action here would be to record tracking
before we exec git am, not after.

I'll plan to put that in.

-K