tools.linux.kernel.org archive mirror
* pr-tracker-bot for drm subsystem?
@ 2022-09-15 14:06 Jani Nikula
From: Jani Nikula @ 2022-09-15 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tools, dri-devel
  Cc: Konstantin Ryabitsev, Dave Airlie, Daniel Vetter, Daniel Stone

Hey all, I'd be interested in having the pr-tracker-bot [1] set up for
the drm subsystem, following the dri-devel mailing list [2] and
notifying when the pull requests have been merged to either the drm-next
or drm-fixes branches of the main drm repository [3].

What would this require in terms of the tracker bot code?

Is the idea that the service could be expanded to cover subsystems
instead of just LKML and mainline, or would all subsystems have to set
it up for themselves with their own cron jobs on their own servers?

Other considerations?

BR,
Jani.

[1] https://korg.docs.kernel.org/prtracker.html
[3] https://cgit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm/

--
Jani Nikula, Intel Open Source Graphics Center

* Re: pr-tracker-bot for drm subsystem?
@ 2022-10-12  8:30 ` Jani Nikula
From: Jani Nikula @ 2022-10-12  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tools, dri-devel; +Cc: Daniel Vetter, Konstantin Ryabitsev, Dave Airlie

Ping?

@ 2023-01-20  7:09 ` Jani Nikula
From: Jani Nikula @ 2023-01-20  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tools, dri-devel; +Cc: Daniel Vetter, Konstantin Ryabitsev

Konstantin?

@ 2023-01-20 15:10   ` Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2023-01-20 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jani Nikula; +Cc: tools, dri-devel, Daniel Vetter

On Fri, Jan 20, 2023 at 09:09:18AM +0200, Jani Nikula wrote:

> Konstantin?

Sorry, I didn't mean to scholz you around. The pr-tracker-bot is very much a
bespoke solution for Linus, so adapting it to other subsystems is not very
trivial, which is why I've been sitting on this request without any movement.

The code for the bot is available here:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mricon/korg-helpers.git/tree/pr-tracker-bot.py

I can take a look at it in the future, but at the moment I'm still not able to
work on it, sorry. :(

-K

* Re: pr-tracker-bot for drm subsystem?
@ 2023-01-23 13:13     ` Jani Nikula
From: Jani Nikula @ 2023-01-23 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Ryabitsev; +Cc: tools, dri-devel, Daniel Vetter

On Fri, 20 Jan 2023, Konstantin Ryabitsev <konstantin@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2023 at 09:09:18AM +0200, Jani Nikula wrote:
>>
>> Konstantin?
>
> Sorry, I didn't mean to scholz you around.

This reply alone was worth the wait. ;D

> The pr-tracker-bot is very much a
> bespoke solution for Linus, so adapting it to other subsystems is not very
> trivial, which is why I've been sitting on this request without any movement.
>
> The code for the bot is available here:
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mricon/korg-helpers.git/tree/pr-tracker-bot.py
>
> I can take a look at it in the future, but at the moment I'm still not able to
> work on it, sorry. :(

I guess the question still stands: Regardless of who modifies the
tracker bot and when, do you think you could take on running it for
other subsystems, provided the changes are to your liking, or should the
subsystems adapt it and run their own?

If the latter, there's just not all that much incentive to make it nice,
especially so if you say it's not trivial. It'll just be copy and make
it bespoke for the other subsystem.

BR,
Jani.

--
Jani Nikula, Intel Open Source Graphics Center