tools.linux.kernel.org archive mirror
* b4 prep/send: single patch mode
@ 2022-11-24 17:49 Ricardo Ribalda
From: Ricardo Ribalda @ 2022-11-24 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tools, konstantin; +Cc: Mark Brown

Hi

I have moved all my developer workflow to b4 and I am super happy,
thanks for that :)

There is one caveat though ;):

When I have to send a patchset with only one patch it seems redundant
to send a cover letter, Most of the time, it is a copy of the commit
message at 1/1 plus a link to the previous version of the patch in
lore.

Would it make sense to add that info after the --- and do not send the
cover-letter if there is only one patch on the set?

Regards

--
Ricardo Ribalda

* Re: b4 prep/send: single patch mode
@ 2022-11-24 20:24 ` Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2022-11-24 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Ribalda; +Cc: tools, Mark Brown

On Thu, Nov 24, 2022 at 06:49:34PM +0100, Ricardo Ribalda wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have moved all my developer workflow to b4 and I am super happy,
> thanks for that :)

Excellent!

> There is one caveat though ;):
>
> When I have to send a patchset with only one patch it seems redundant
> to send a cover letter, Most of the time, it is a copy of the commit
> message at 1/1 plus a link to the previous version of the patch in
> lore.
>
> Would it make sense to add that info after the --- and do not send the
> cover-letter if there is only one patch on the set?

This has been possible since commit 6c215d83473d732cf1208c17a00a8ebc7d7526eb
-- you should update to the latest master (or at least to the latest
stable-0.10.y).

-K

* Re: b4 prep/send: single patch mode
@ 2022-11-24 20:30   ` Ricardo Ribalda