u-boot.lists.denx.de archive mirror
* about mtd erase fix series
@ 2021-09-24 23:49 Marek Behún
From: Marek Behún @ 2021-09-24 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Rini, Jagan Teki; +Cc: U-Boot-Denx

Hi Tom, Jagan,

in July I resent the series
  Fix `mtd erase` when used with mtdpart
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=253565&state=*

There was a build error in CI, more info at
  https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2021-July/455851.html

The CI link mentioned
  https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-spi/-/pipelines/8345
gives 404 now.

Jagan, could you please retrigger CI for this, and send me results?
The series still applied cleanly on master branch and compiled for my
config.

The fix is needed for `mtd erase`.

Marek

* Re: about mtd erase fix series
@ 2021-09-25  0:00 ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2021-09-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marek Behún; +Cc: Jagan Teki, U-Boot-Denx

On Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 01:49:26AM +0200, Marek Behún wrote:

> Hi Tom, Jagan,
>
> in July I resent the series
>   Fix `mtd erase` when used with mtdpart
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=253565&state=*
>
> There was a build error in CI, more info at
>   https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2021-July/455851.html
>
> The CI link mentioned
>   https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-spi/-/pipelines/8345
> gives 404 now.
>
> Jagan, could you please retrigger CI for this, and send me results?
> The series still applied cleanly on master branch and compiled for my
> config.
>
> The fix is needed for `mtd erase`.

Note that you can trigger a CI run yourself via github, to run on Azure.
See doc/develop/ci_testing.rst in tree for more details.

--
Tom

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: about mtd erase fix series
@ 2021-09-25  0:26   ` Marek Behún
From: Marek Behún @ 2021-09-25  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Rini; +Cc: Jagan Teki, U-Boot-Denx

On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 20:00:31 -0400
Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 01:49:26AM +0200, Marek Behún wrote:
>
> > Hi Tom, Jagan,
> >
> > in July I resent the series
> >   Fix `mtd erase` when used with mtdpart
> > https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=253565&state=*
> >
> > There was a build error in CI, more info at
> >   https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2021-July/455851.html
> >
> > The CI link mentioned
> >   https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-spi/-/pipelines/8345
> > gives 404 now.
> >
> > Jagan, could you please retrigger CI for this, and send me results?
> > The series still applied cleanly on master branch and compiled for my
> > config.
> >
> > The fix is needed for `mtd erase`.
>
> Note that you can trigger a CI run yourself via github, to run on Azure.
> See doc/develop/ci_testing.rst in tree for more details.

Hm, and it seems I was already working on this, since I put another
commit there that is not on mailing list. Ok, I will try to fix this
and resend.

Marek