u-boot.lists.denx.de archive mirror
* [ANN] U-Boot v2021.10 released
@ 2021-10-04 15:11 Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2021-10-04 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot; +Cc: u-boot-custodians, u-boot-board-maintainers

Hey all,

It is release day and here is v2021.10.   With this release
we are now at the third of our 2 years past a number of DM migration
deadlines.  We're now at the point where it's watchdog related
migrations that are past due.  This is actually a small list of boards
and I think can be quickly resolved.  At this point, between what has
been removed for this release and what's queued up already in -next,
we've made good progress on clearing out legacy platforms.

What I would like to call attention to in general is the number of
CONFIG symbols that need to be migrated to Kconfig still.  If you
maintain a board or SoC, please check for symbols specific to your area
of code that aren't migrated yet and see how to move them.  The
tools/moveconfig.py tool can handle a lot of cases.  If it's tricky
please reach out.

In terms of a changelog,
git log --merges v2021.10-rc4..v2021.10-rc5
contains what I've pulled since the last RC or:
git log --merges v2021.07..v2021.10
for changes since the last full release.  As always, more details in
pull requests (or the tags referenced by them) will result in more
details here.

With this, the merge window is now open and I'll be merging in the next
branch shortly.  v2022.01 is scheduled for release on Monday, January
10th 2022 and the merge window closes on October 25th.  Thanks all!

--
Tom

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [ANN] U-Boot v2021.10 released
@ 2021-10-04 17:32 ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2021-10-04 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot; +Cc: u-boot-custodians, u-boot-board-maintainers

On Mon, Oct 04, 2021 at 11:11:08AM -0400, Tom Rini wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> It is release day and here is v2021.10.   With this release
> we are now at the third of our 2 years past a number of DM migration
> deadlines.  We're now at the point where it's watchdog related
> migrations that are past due.  This is actually a small list of boards
> and I think can be quickly resolved.  At this point, between what has
> been removed for this release and what's queued up already in -next,
> we've made good progress on clearing out legacy platforms.
>
> What I would like to call attention to in general is the number of
> CONFIG symbols that need to be migrated to Kconfig still.  If you
> maintain a board or SoC, please check for symbols specific to your area
> of code that aren't migrated yet and see how to move them.  The
> tools/moveconfig.py tool can handle a lot of cases.  If it's tricky
> please reach out.
>
> In terms of a changelog,
> git log --merges v2021.10-rc4..v2021.10-rc5
> contains what I've pulled since the last RC or:
> git log --merges v2021.07..v2021.10
> for changes since the last full release.  As always, more details in
> pull requests (or the tags referenced by them) will result in more
> details here.
>
> With this, the merge window is now open and I'll be merging in the next
> branch shortly.  v2022.01 is scheduled for release on Monday, January
> 10th 2022 and the merge window closes on October 25th.  Thanks all!

I have pushed next in to master now.

--

@ 2021-10-05 11:01 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2021-10-05 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Rini; +Cc: u-boot, u-boot-custodians, u-boot-board-maintainers

Dear Tom,

In message <20211004151108.GR31748@bill-the-cat> you wrote:

> In terms of a changelog,
> git log --merges v2021.10-rc4..v2021.10-rc5
> contains what I've pulled since the last RC or:
> git log --merges v2021.07..v2021.10
> for changes since the last full release.  As always, more details in
> pull requests (or the tags referenced by them) will result in more
> details here.

...and as usual, the release statistics can be fount at [1]

[1] http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/UbootStat_2021_10

Here is the abbreviated version:

(Changes since v2021.07)

 * Processed 1509 csets from 176 developers
 * 27 employers found
 * A total of 98664 lines added, 74614 removed (delta 24050)

Developers with the most changesets
Simon Glass                191 (12.7%)
Tom Rini                    92 (6.1%)
Michal Simek                91 (6.0%)
Pali Rohár                 80 (5.3%)
Patrick Delaunay            70 (4.6%)
Tim Harvey                  54 (3.6%)
Heinrich Schuchardt         51 (3.4%)
Marek Vasut                 38 (2.5%)
Aswath Govindraju           37 (2.5%)
Alexandru Gagniuc           29 (1.9%)

Developers with the most changed lines
Tom Rini                  48665 (30.6%)
Simon Glass               14052 (8.8%)
Peng Fan                  8037 (5.1%)
Marek Vasut               6463 (4.1%)
Joseph Chen               5161 (3.2%)
Tim Harvey                4466 (2.8%)
Elaine Zhang              4389 (2.8%)
Zong Li                   3994 (2.5%)
Patrick Delaunay          3410 (2.1%)
Aswath Govindraju         3202 (2.0%)

Developers with the most lines removed
Tom Rini                  46519 (62.3%)
Simon Glass               1414 (1.9%)
Linus Walleij              667 (0.9%)
Patrick Delaunay           331 (0.4%)
Ilias Apalodimas           293 (0.4%)
Sean Anderson              274 (0.4%)
Ilko Iliev                 124 (0.2%)
Stephen Carlson             56 (0.1%)
Suman Anna                  40 (0.1%)
Derald D. Woods             34 (0.0%)

Developers with the most signoffs (total 325)
Lokesh Vutla               108 (33.2%)
Michal Simek                37 (11.4%)
Neil Armstrong              28 (8.6%)
Tom Rini                    13 (4.0%)
Peng Fan                    12 (3.7%)
Kishon Vijay Abraham I      10 (3.1%)
Andre Przywara              10 (3.1%)
Alexandru Gagniuc            8 (2.5%)
Marek Vasut                  7 (2.2%)
Heinrich Schuchardt          6 (1.8%)

Developers with the most reviews (total 832)
Stefan Roese               124 (14.9%)
Simon Glass                120 (14.4%)
Patrice Chotard             52 (6.2%)
Jagan Teki                  50 (6.0%)
Marek Behún                45 (5.4%)
Jaehoon Chung               42 (5.0%)
Ramon Fried                 38 (4.6%)
Kever Yang                  36 (4.3%)
Chris Packham               31 (3.7%)
Bin Meng                    30 (3.6%)

Developers with the most test credits (total 67)
Chris Packham               26 (38.8%)
Patrice Chotard             14 (20.9%)
Simon Glass                 10 (14.9%)
Patrick Wildt                3 (4.5%)
Michal Simek                 2 (3.0%)
Jaehoon Chung                1 (1.5%)
Pali Rohár                  1 (1.5%)
Tom Rini                     1 (1.5%)
Andre Przywara               1 (1.5%)
Suman Anna                   1 (1.5%)

Developers who gave the most tested-by credits (total 67)
Pali Rohár                 24 (35.8%)
Marek Behún                13 (19.4%)
Bin Meng                     7 (10.4%)
Stephan Gerhold              4 (6.0%)
Ye Li                        3 (4.5%)
Joao Marcos Costa            3 (4.5%)
Ashok Reddy Soma             2 (3.0%)
Ilias Apalodimas             2 (3.0%)
Alexandru Gagniuc            1 (1.5%)
Jernej Skrabec               1 (1.5%)

Developers with the most report credits (total 10)
Tom Rini                     3 (30.0%)
Marek Behún                 1 (10.0%)
Keerthy                      1 (10.0%)
Walter Lozano                1 (10.0%)
Minkyu Kang                  1 (10.0%)
Jan Kiszka                   1 (10.0%)
Andreas Schwab               1 (10.0%)
Fu Wei                       1 (10.0%)

Developers who gave the most report credits (total 10)
Simon Glass                  4 (40.0%)
Tom Rini                     3 (30.0%)
Dave Gerlach                 1 (10.0%)
Dimitri John Ledkov          1 (10.0%)
Tianrui Wei                  1 (10.0%)

Top changeset contributors by employer
(Unknown)                  598 (39.6%)
Google, Inc.               191 (12.7%)
Texas Instruments          141 (9.3%)
Xilinx                     126 (8.3%)
Konsulko Group              93 (6.2%)
NXP                         86 (5.7%)
ST Microelectronics         74 (4.9%)
Linaro                      44 (2.9%)
ARM                         24 (1.6%)
DENX Software Engineering   22 (1.5%)

Top lines changed by employer
Konsulko Group            48671 (30.6%)
(Unknown)                 38761 (24.4%)
Google, Inc.              14052 (8.8%)
Texas Instruments         13223 (8.3%)
Rockchip                  11240 (7.1%)
NXP                       10782 (6.8%)
Linaro                    4905 (3.1%)
Xilinx                    4608 (2.9%)
Intel                     4507 (2.8%)
ST Microelectronics       3472 (2.2%)

Employers with the most signoffs (total 325)
Texas Instruments          137 (42.2%)
Xilinx                      44 (13.5%)
(Unknown)                   39 (12.0%)
BayLibre SAS                35 (10.8%)
NXP                         15 (4.6%)
Konsulko Group              13 (4.0%)
ARM                         10 (3.1%)
Rockchip                     6 (1.8%)
Toradex                      4 (1.2%)
Novell                       4 (1.2%)

Employers with the most hackers (total 182)
(Unknown)                   95 (52.2%)
Texas Instruments           15 (8.2%)
NXP                         12 (6.6%)
Xilinx                       9 (4.9%)
Linaro                       8 (4.4%)
Rockchip                     4 (2.2%)
Toradex                      4 (2.2%)
DENX Software Engineering    4 (2.2%)
ARM                          3 (1.6%)
Intel                        3 (1.6%)

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
It is easier to write an incorrect program than understand a  correct
one.

* Re: [ANN] U-Boot v2021.10 released
@ 2021-10-05 14:12   ` Matthias Brugger
From: Matthias Brugger @ 2021-10-05 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wolfgang Denk, Tom Rini
  Cc: u-boot, u-boot-custodians, u-boot-board-maintainers

Hi Wolfgang,

On 05/10/2021 13:01, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Tom,
>
> In message <20211004151108.GR31748@bill-the-cat> you wrote:
>>
>> In terms of a changelog,
>> git log --merges v2021.10-rc4..v2021.10-rc5
>> contains what I've pulled since the last RC or:
>> git log --merges v2021.07..v2021.10
>> for changes since the last full release.  As always, more details in
>> pull requests (or the tags referenced by them) will result in more
>> details here.
>
> ...and as usual, the release statistics can be fount at [1]
>
> [1] http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/UbootStat_2021_10
>

> Here is the abbreviated version:
>
> (Changes since v2021.07)
>
>   * Processed 1509 csets from 176 developers
>   * 27 employers found
>   * A total of 98664 lines added, 74614 removed (delta 24050)

[...]
> Employers with the most signoffs (total 325)
> Texas Instruments          137 (42.2%)
> Xilinx                      44 (13.5%)
> (Unknown)                   39 (12.0%)
> BayLibre SAS                35 (10.8%)
> NXP                         15 (4.6%)
> Konsulko Group              13 (4.0%)
> ARM                         10 (3.1%)
> Rockchip                     6 (1.8%)
> Toradex                      4 (1.2%)
> Novell                       4 (1.2%)

I wasn't able to find any commits from Novell email addresses. I wonder if SUSE
still maps to Novell, which would be a long-time oversight :)

Are the script to generate this email available somewhere?

Regards,
Matthias

* Re: [ANN] U-Boot v2021.10 released
@ 2021-10-05 14:51     ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2021-10-05 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthias Brugger
  Cc: Tom Rini, u-boot, u-boot-custodians, u-boot-board-maintainers

Dear Matthias,

In message <9dd349a3-75ff-ecce-4f4d-957d15a152fe@suse.com> you wrote:

> I wasn't able to find any commits from Novell email addresses. I wonder if SUSE
> still maps to Novell, which would be a long-time oversight :)

The fllowing domain names are mapped to Novell:

	novell.com              Novell
	suse.com                Novell
	suse.cz                 Novell
	suse.de                 Novell

> Are the script to generate this email available somewhere?

It is...

...oh, it was.  It's still on our gitlab.denx.de server. It was
not moved to source.denx.de

I will fix this ASAP...

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
Chapter 1 -- The story so  far:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has  made  a  lot  of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

* Re: [ANN] U-Boot v2021.10 released
@ 2021-10-06  6:44       ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2021-10-06  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthias Brugger
  Cc: Tom Rini, u-boot, u-boot-custodians, u-boot-board-maintainers

Dear Matthias,

In message <2738187.1633445502@gemini.denx.de> I wrote:

> > Are the script to generate this email available somewhere?
>
> It is...
>
> ...oh, it was.  It's still on our gitlab.denx.de server. It was
> not moved to source.denx.de

It has been on source.denx.de all te time, I just didn't look at the
right place.

See https://source.denx.de/u-boot/gitdm

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
Of course life is  bizarre.  The  more  bizarre  it  gets,  the  more
interesting  it  is.  The only way to approach it is to make yourself
some popcorn and enjoy the show.                      - David Gerrold