u-boot.lists.denx.de archive mirror
* Reading file would overwrite reserved memory. Failed to load 'hello_world.bin - imx7d-pico - Uboot 2022.04
@ 2023-04-10 20:59 Neuber Sousa
From: Neuber Sousa @ 2023-04-10 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71073386/reading-file-would-overwrite-reserved-memory-failed-to-load-hello-world-bin

Hi,

I had this issue last year and I solved it via device tree. However, I used
Yocto hardknott and uboot 2021.04 and Ubuntu 20.04. Now I use Yocto
kirkstone and uboot 2022.04 and Ubuntu 22.04

I've been trying to resolve this issue for seven days now. I've already
made several changes to the uboot and yocto/device tree configurations
without success.

Every help is welcome

Note I tried:

https://dantechrb.com/blog/how-to-build-and-debug-freertos-applications-for-cortexm4-on-mx6sx

https://whycan.com/t_5474.html

* Re: Reading file would overwrite reserved memory. Failed to load 'hello_world.bin - imx7d-pico - Uboot 2022.04
@ 2023-04-19  1:49 ` Simon Glass
       [not found]   ` <CABWL1P=bxNj=0m_UZ2bYaOj6oicum5trWR17h6gTOT5N6RAdOA@mail.gmail.com>
From: Simon Glass @ 2023-04-19  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neuber Sousa; +Cc: u-boot

Hi Neuber,

On Mon, 10 Apr 2023 at 14:59, Neuber Sousa <neuberfran@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71073386/reading-file-would-overwrite-reserved-memory-failed-to-load-hello-world-bin
>
> Hi,
>
> I had this issue last year and I solved it via device tree. However, I used
> Yocto hardknott and uboot 2021.04 and Ubuntu 20.04. Now I use Yocto
> kirkstone and uboot 2022.04 and Ubuntu 22.04
>

> I've been trying to resolve this issue for seven days now. I've already
> made several changes to the uboot and yocto/device tree configurations
> without success.
>
> Every help is welcome
>
> Note I tried:
>
> https://dantechrb.com/blog/how-to-build-and-debug-freertos-applications-for-cortexm4-on-mx6sx
>
> https://whycan.com/t_5474.html

If you add '#define LOG_DEBUG' to the top of lmb.c you should see some
debugging about the reserved memory.

Regards,
Simon

* Re: Reading file would overwrite reserved memory. Failed to load 'hello_world.bin - imx7d-pico - Uboot 2022.04
@ 2023-04-19  2:23   ` Neuber Sousa
       [not found]   ` <CABWL1P=bxNj=0m_UZ2bYaOj6oicum5trWR17h6gTOT5N6RAdOA@mail.gmail.com>
From: Neuber Sousa @ 2023-04-19  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Glass; +Cc: u-boot

Thanks
ButI've already done that and it didn't help at all. I also have the
results of bdinfo command and cat /proc/iomem in it has not helped me

@ 2023-04-19 21:10     ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2023-04-19 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

+U-Boot Mailing List

Hi

On Wed, 19 Apr 2023 at 11:32, Neuber Sousa <neuberfran@gmail.com> wrote:

> To illustrate what is happening here and what I already said in a previous email, currently, even Uboot 2021.04 pulled recently (and not last year) does not work. To illustrate, I posted two files below:
>
> lmb.c when RPMsg work
> https://gist.github.com/neuberfran/c4df18a27974cd6fdc8a967f192d54d6
>
> lmb.c when RPMsg not Work
> https://gist.github.com/neuberfran/aebbac2db52c5f78c680f10496cb8784

I'm sorry, but I think you will need to debug this, unless someone
else has a bright idea.

Thererror is in fs_read_lmb_check() so something must be wrong in what
you think should happen in lmb_alloc_addr(), I suspect.

Regards,
Simon

@ 2023-04-19  1:46 ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2023-04-19  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: neuber sousa; +Cc: u-boot

Hi Neuber,

On Sun, 9 Apr 2023 at 07:02, neuber sousa <neuberfranbc@hotmail.com> wrote:

> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71073386/reading-file-would-overwrite-reserved-memory-failed-to-load-hello-world-bin
>

> Hi,
>
> I had this issue last year and I solved it via device tree. However, I
> used Yocto hardknott and uboot 2021.04 and Ubuntu 20.04. Now I use Yocto
> kirkstone and uboot 2022.04 and Ubuntu 22.04
>

> I've been trying to resolve this issue for seven days now. I've already
> made several changes to the uboot and yocto/device tree configurations
> without success.
>
> Every help is welcome

This is presumably caused by lmb (logical memory blocks). You could
dump out the lmb list with lmb_dump_all() before doing the load. The
'bdinfo' command does this, but it looks like you can add '#define
LOG_DEBUG' at the top of lmb.c and it will do this before the load.

> Note:
>
> https://dantechrb.com/blog/how-to-build-and-debug-freertos-applications-for-cortexm4-on-mx6sx
>

> https://whycan.com/t_5474.html

Regards,
Simon

* Reading file would overwrite reserved memory. Failed to load 'hello_world.bin - imx7d-pico - Uboot 2022.04
@ 2023-04-08 23:53 neuber sousa