u-boot.lists.denx.de archive mirror
From: Lee Jones <lee.jones@linaro.org>
To: "cym@rock-chips.com" <cym@rock-chips.com>
Cc: u-boot <u-boot@lists.denx.de>,
	linux-rockchip <linux-rockchip@lists.infradead.org>,
	wxt <wxt@rock-chips.com>, 杨凯 <kever.yang@rock-chips.com>,
	zhangqing <zhangqing@rock-chips.com>,
	黄小东 <derrick.huang@rock-chips.com>, 陈健洪 <chenjh@rock-chips.com>,
	林平 <hisping.lin@rock-chips.com>, 汤云平 <typ@rock-chips.com>,
	cwz <cwz@rock-chips.com>, chenfen <chenfen@rock-chips.com>,
	jagan <jagan@amarulasolutions.com>, sjg <sjg@chromium.org>,
	pgwipeout <pgwipeout@gmail.com>, adelva <adelva@google.com>,
	rammuthiah <rammuthiah@google.com>
Subject: Re: Re: [Rock Pi 4+] Mainline LPDDR4 RAM initialisation is not sufficient to boot successfully
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 17:50:43 +0100	[thread overview]

On Fri, 17 Jun 2022, cym@rock-chips.com wrote:

> Could you  help us to get the DRAM part number which initialization failures on the Rock Pi 4+.

I have tested 3 boards; one appears to be fully working, on another 1
of the 2 LPDDR4 (Channel 1) chips consistently fails with a Col and
Cap Error and on the final one both chips (Channel 0 & 1) fail in the
same way as the last (Col and Cap errors).

All chips are: H9HCNNNBKUML

> We have found that some LPDDR4  abnormal operation at 50MHz.
> I think you can try that use 400MHz to detect capacity.

Wonderful.  This solves the problem.  Thank you so much!

Would you like to submit this into upstream U-boot yourself, or would
you like me to do that for you?

If the former, please Cc me on the patch and add my:

  Tested-by Lee Jones <lee.jones@linaro.org>

If the latter, please let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

--
Lee Jones [李琼斯]
Principal Technical Lead - Developer Services