Util-Linux Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / Atom feed
* Rtcwake s5 with poweroff
@ 2018-10-30 22:03 Justin Chen
From: Justin Chen @ 2018-10-30 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: util-linux

Hello all,

I have a system that doesn't have "shutdown", instead it uses
"poweroff". For "rtcwake -m off" (s5), rtcwake sets the wakealarm and
then issues a shutdown command. I am thinking about putting together a
patch that will allow rtcwake to use "poweroff". It will first try to
look for the "shutdown" command and if it is not existent, use
"poweroff" instead. Are these changes acceptable?

Thanks,
Justin

* Re: Rtcwake s5 with poweroff
@ 2018-10-31  9:07 ` Karel Zak
From: Karel Zak @ 2018-10-31  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Justin Chen; +Cc: util-linux

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 03:03:07PM -0700, Justin Chen wrote:
> I have a system that doesn't have "shutdown", instead it uses
> "poweroff". For "rtcwake -m off" (s5), rtcwake sets the wakealarm and
> then issues a shutdown command. I am thinking about putting together a
> patch that will allow rtcwake to use "poweroff". It will first try to
> look for the "shutdown" command and if it is not existent, use
> "poweroff" instead. Are these changes acceptable?

Yes, send patch.

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak@redhat.com>