util-linux.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Issue in man page agetty.8
@ 2021-08-16 16:52 Helge Kreutzmann
From: Helge Kreutzmann @ 2021-08-16 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: util-linux; +Cc: mario.blaettermann

Without further ado, the following was found:

Issue: If not any configured → If no configured
"Insert the IPv4 address of the specified network interface (for example: "
"\\(rs4{eth0}). If the I<interface> argument is not specified, then select "
"the first fully configured (UP, non-LOCALBACK, RUNNING) interface. If not "
"any configured interface is found, fall back to the IP address of the machine"
"\\(cqs hostname."

From: Helge Kreutzmann @ 2021-08-16 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: util-linux; +Cc: mario.blaettermann

Without further ado, the following was found:

Issue: If not any configured → If no configured

"Insert the IPv4 address of the specified network interface (for example: "
"\\e4{eth0}).  If the I<interface> argument is not specified, then select the "
"first fully configured (UP, non-LOCALBACK, RUNNING) interface.  If not any "
"configured interface is found, fall back to the IP address of the machine's "

From: Helge Kreutzmann @ 2021-08-16 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: util-linux; +Cc: mario.blaettermann

Without further ado, the following was found:

Issue: I<inittab(5)> → B<inittab>(5)

"This section shows examples for the process field of an entry in the I</etc/"
"inittab> file.  You'll have to prepend appropriate values for the other "
"fields.  See I<inittab(5)> for more details."

From: Helge Kreutzmann @ 2021-08-16 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: util-linux; +Cc: mario.blaettermann

Without further ado, the following was found:

Issue: commandline → command line

"Some programs use \"--\" to indicate that the rest of the command line "
"should not be interpreted as options. Use this feature if available by "
"passing \"--\" before the username gets passed by \\(rsu."

From: Helge Kreutzmann @ 2021-08-16 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: util-linux; +Cc: mario.blaettermann

Without further ado, the following was found:

Issue: agetty → B<agetty>

"Display the current issue file (or other) on the current terminal and exit. "
"Use this option to review the current setting, it is not designed for any "
"other purpose. Note that output may use some default or incomplete "
"information as proper output depends on terminal and agetty command line."

"Try to keep the existing baud rate. The baud rates from the command line are "
"used when B<agetty> receives a BREAK character. If another baud rates "
"specified then the original baud rate is also saved to the end of the wanted "
"baud rates list. This can be used to return to the original baud rate after "
"unexpected BREAKs."

"Since version 2.35 additional locations for issue file and directory are "
"supported. If the default I</etc/issue> does not exist, then B<agetty> "
"checks for I</run/issue> and I</run/issue.d>, thereafter for I</usr/lib/"
"issue> and I</usr/lib/issue.d>. The directory I</etc> is expected for host "
"specific configuration, I</run> is expected for generated stuff and I</usr/"
"lib> for static distribution maintained configuration."

* Issue in man page agetty.8
@ 2021-08-16 16:51 Helge Kreutzmann
From: Helge Kreutzmann @ 2021-08-16 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: util-linux; +Cc: mario.blaettermann

Without further ado, the following was found:

Issue: .issue → I<.issue>

"Specifies a \":\" delimited list of files and directories to be displayed "
"instead of I</etc/issue> (or other). All specified files and directories are "
"displayed, missing or empty files are silently ignored. If the specified "
"path is a directory then display all files with .issue file extension in "
"version-sort order from the directory. This allows custom messages to be "
"displayed on different terminals. The B<--noissue> option will override this "
"option."