util-linux.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* configure output seems confusing in util-linux-2.32
@ 2018-05-02  0:39 L A Walsh
From: L A Walsh @ 2018-05-02  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: util-linux

Looked at configure help, saw:

Optional packages:
  --with-systemd          build with support for systemd

to me, this means systemd is optional and may be
included using a 'with'.

Conversely, one could use:
  --without-systemd

which, in this configure, should have no effect (default
is 'without'), right?

I included the --without-systemd flag (as a future protection
should the default change), but configure's output
had: (relative numbers added for ref):

       1. checking for syscall sched_getaffinity... SYS_sched_getaffinity
       2. checking for syscall sched_setattr... SYS_sched_setattr
       3. Package systemd was not found in the pkg-config search path.
       4. Perhaps you should add the directory containing `systemd.pc'
       5. to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
       6. No package 'systemd' found
       7. checking that generated files are newer than configure... done

Lines 3-6 suggest that I should add support for systemd so it
can be built.  Why does it even test for systemd when I
specified '--without-systemd'?

FWIW, configure finished but I haven't tried to build it yet.