* Android 10 and DNS
@ 2019-09-26 21:49 Mahlon E. Smith
From: Mahlon E. Smith @ 2019-09-26 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Heya all.  New to the list, apologies for not continuing this
conversation on the thread at:

    https://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/wireguard/2019-September/004498.html

We're piloting Wireguard at my $dayjob, and so far it has been working
extremely well.  One of our testers just upgraded to Android 10, and
reported that it no longer was functional after the update.

I confirmed he -is- actually negotiated, and can reach across the VPN
without issue.  He can't resolve anything, however.

(We installed Termux and the dnsutils package -- resolution works fine
manually with the 'host' utility and the servers we've specified in the
config -- just not working transparently, which is a deal breaker for
our end users.)

I'm not sure what else to gather that would be helpful.  It appears
Wireguard is no longer using the 'DNS =' client config under 10.

--
Mahlon E. Smith
http://www.martini.nu/

* Re: Android 10 and DNS
@ 2019-10-16 20:23 ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2019-10-16 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Android 10 sometimes tries to forcibly enable the DNS-over-TLS or
DNS-over-HTTPS setting. Maybe try disabling that. Another gotcha on
Android 10 appears to be the Data Saver setting.

* Re: Android 10 and DNS
@ 2019-10-16 20:34   ` Mahlon E. Smith
From: Mahlon E. Smith @ 2019-10-16 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)