WireGuard Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: "Toke Høiland-Jørgensen" <toke@toke.dk>
To: "Janne Heß" <janne@hess.ooo>, bird-users@network.cz
Cc: wireguard@lists.zx2c4.com
Subject: Re: Introduce Wireguard support to bird
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2019 00:18:44 +0200

Janne Heß <janne@hess.ooo> writes:

> Hey everyone,
>
> as advertised, I have completed the Wireguard support.
> You might see that I am not really a C expert, but I hope the code is good enough.
> If you need me to change anything or have additional questions, just
> let me know.

Hi Janne

Awesome that you have taken the time to implement this!

I'll let the Bird maintainers comment on the approach of embedding the
wireguard netlink library; but I have two other concerns:

- As far as I can tell there's nothing preventing Bird from removing
  AllowedIPs that it did not itself install from an interface, right?

- The algorithm is basically O(P*M*N) for inserting N routes on an
  interface with P peers that each have M existing AllowedIPs. That is
  not going to scale very far :/

-Toke

  parent reply index