* Traffic flow stopping
@ 2018-12-18 10:36 Mike O'Connor
From: Mike O'Connor @ 2018-12-18 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All

So I've been using Wireguard to route part of my class C to my home for
about 4 months now, but for the last few days the traffic stops for a
short while every few minutes.

I can not think of anything which has changed, turning OpenVPN back on
fixes everything. I've tried reducing the keepalive thinking the NAT
route could have been the issue but that has not help.

A few detail:

Version 0.0.20181119-wg1~trusty

CLIENT:

root@gw:~# wg
interface: wg-p2p
  public key: 3zLzaSoTwf+h5AYgvGMz0XnGYJGQX4tPbZcMziULk1I=
  private key: (hidden)
  listening port: 51820
  fwmark: 0xca6c

peer: xSccymCZDUxcD7vFrGtwAiyYGclQ1hUQCmy8nLDLLgc=
  endpoint: 202.191.98.193:51820
  allowed ips: 0.0.0.0/0, ::/0
  latest handshake: 21 seconds ago
  transfer: 3.58 GiB received, 12.20 GiB sent
  persistent keepalive: every 10 seconds
root@gw:~# ping 8.8.8.8

^C
--- 8.8.8.8 ping statistics ---
6 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 4999ms

SERVER:

interface: wg-p2p
  public key: xS*gc=
  private key: (hidden)
  listening port: 51820

peer: 3z*k1I=
  endpoint: 203.122.224.57:51820
  allowed ips: 0.0.0.0/0
  latest handshake: 21 seconds ago
  transfer: 12.20 GiB received, 3.58 GiB sent
  persistent keepalive: every 10 seconds

Any ideas ? Any more tests or debug (if you tell me how) I could provide ?

Thanks

Mike