WireGuard Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / Atom feed
* [BUG] iOS client (0.0.20181104) sometimes kills WiFi connections/switches to LTE
@ 2018-11-22 17:47 John
From: John @ 2018-11-22 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

experience a loss of WiFi connectivity when I connect to my WG
profile.  It is not happen 100% of the time.  When it does happen, a
reboot of the phone fixes it.  Is this a known bug/have others
experienced this?

iOS client version 0.0.20181104 (4)
Go Backend version 0.0.20181018

Server is running on Linux, kernel version 3.16.60 using the
0.0.20181119 snapshot.  Hardware is an ODROID-C2 if that matters.

* Re: [BUG] iOS client (0.0.20181104) sometimes kills WiFi connections/switches to LTE
@ 2018-12-07  4:21 ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2018-12-07  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Should be fixed for the next version.

* Re: [BUG] iOS client (0.0.20181104) sometimes kills WiFi connections/switches to LTE
@ 2018-12-10 22:22   ` John
From: John @ 2018-12-10 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason A. Donenfeld; +Cc: wireguard

I have been banging away on the iOS app v20181104 (5) and it seems to
have corrected the two issues I reported:

1) Wifi dropping
2) Ability to select WG from settings>vpn

Great job and thank you for the attention and quick response.

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!

@ 2018-12-11 22:33   ` John
From: John @ 2018-12-11 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason A. Donenfeld; +Cc: wireguard

I spoke too soon.  After several days without the bug appearing, it
did this afternoon.  The only fix was a reboot.  I have 2 profiles in
the app.  What I found was that as soon as I connected to the first
profile, the wifi icon would immediately disappear with a concurrent
appearance of the LTE icon.  If I connect to the 2nd profile, both the
Wifi and VPN icons would co-exist.  This was very reproducible: I
could bounce back and forth between the two profiles and get kicked
off the Wifi upon doing it.

Is there anything I can provide you to help debug further or do you
have some thoughts based on my description alone?  Please let me know.