* Problem with iOS WireGuard client
@ 2020-01-12 15:17 Jeff Squyres
From: Jeff Squyres @ 2020-01-12 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Over the past ~2 months, I have been experiencing an intermittent problem
with the iOS WireGuard client: sometimes the WireGuard client gets into a
loop of endlessly-failing handshakes, which therefore stops all traffic.
If I disconnect/reconnect the WireGuard tunnel, the handshakes succeed, and
traffic starts flowing normally again.

This happens multiple times a day.  It has been happening with multiple
versions of iOS starting with 12.x, and now with 13.x.  WireGuard for iOS
version 0.0.20191015(15), Go Backend 0.0.2019.0909.

I can send more details (logs, screenshots / screencast, etc.), but first:
is this the right list to ask questions about the iOS client?  If not, can
someone point me in the right direction?

Additionally, another oddity: when my Wireguard tunnel is connected
properly and I visit whoer.net or zx2c4.com/ip, sometimes I see my
WireGuard endpoint's IPv6 address, and sometimes I see my WireGuard
endpoint's IPv4 address.  This happens regardless of what network my iOS
device (i.e., my phone) is on.  Sometimes when the IPv6 address is shown
and I refresh the page a few times (over the span of a few seconds), it
switches to show the endpoint's IPv4 address.

Thanks!

--
{+} Jeff Squyres

* Problem with iOS WireGuard Client