* Can I be reasonably sure the code in /usr/share/doc/wireguard-tools/examples/embeddable-wg-library will continue to exist / work
@ 2019-06-12 22:57 Larry Kelly
From: Larry Kelly @ 2019-06-12 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi All…

   While I’m not asking anyone to predict the future, I have begun to use some of the example code under the /usr/share/doc/wireguard-tools/examples/embeddable-wg-library, and I wanted to be reasonably sure that my code will continue to work…  I understand that specific data structures may change as wireguard matures, and am prepared to monitor the codebase for these changes and update as needed, but I just didn’t want a later wireguard release to just completely remove this set of code and mechanism.  As a note, having this code and method of use is a big plus for wireguard, as it allows me to create essentially a customized VPN application (allowing me to provide different authentication methods such as having the wireguard key on a smart card and requiring insertion of the smart card into a card reader on a laptop in order to allow my laptop to connect to the network).

   Thanks!

      -Larry

* Re: Can I be reasonably sure the code in /usr/share/doc/wireguard-tools/examples/embeddable-wg-library will continue to exist / work
@ 2019-06-18 15:25 ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2019-06-18 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Larry,

The netlink interface that that library uses should be fairly stable, yes.

Neat about adding custom authentication on top of WireGuard. I'm sure
the list would be curious to learn about your efforts if they're open
source.

Jason