* [ANNOUNCE] WireGuard Snapshot `0.0.20181115` Available
@ 2018-11-15 20:10 Jason A. Donenfeld
0 siblings, 0 replies; 1+ messages in thread
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2018-11-15 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: WireGuard mailing list
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
A new snapshot, `0.0.20181115`, has been tagged in the git repository.
Please note that this snapshot is, like the rest of the project at this point
in time, experimental, and does not consitute a real release that would be
considered secure and bug-free. WireGuard is generally thought to be fairly
stable, and most likely will not crash your computer (though it may).
However, as this is a pre-release snapshot, it comes with no guarantees, and
its security is not yet to be depended on; it is not applicable for CVEs.
With all that said, if you'd like to test this snapshot out, there are a
few relevant changes.
== Changes ==
* Zinc no longer ships generated assembly code. Rather, we now
bundle in the original perlasm generator for it. The primary purpose
of this snapshot is to get testing of this.
* Clarify the peer removal logic and make lifetimes more precise.
* Use READ_ONCE for is_valid and is_dead.
* No need to use atomic when the recounter is mutex protected.
* Fix up macros and annotations in allowedips.
* Increment drop counter when staged packets are dropped.
* Use static constants instead of enums for 64-bit values in selftest.
* Mark large constants as ULL in poly1305-donna64.
* Fix sparse warnings in allowedips debugging code.
* Do not use wg_peer_get_maybe_zero in timer callbacks, since we now can
carefully control the lifetime of these functions and ensure they never
execute after dropping the last reference.
* Cleanup hashing in ratelimiter.
* Do not guard timer removals, since del_timer is always okay.
* We now check for PM_AUTOSLEEP, which makes the clear*on-suspend decision a
bit more general.
* Set csum_level to ~0, since the poly1305 authenticator certainly means
that no data was modified in transit.
* Use CHECKSUM_PARTIAL check for skb_checksum_help instead of
* wg.8: specify that wg(8) shows runtime info too
* wg.8: AllowedIPs isn't actually required
* keygen-html: add missing glue macro
* wg-quick: android: do not choke on empty allowed-ips
This snapshot contains commits from: Jason A. Donenfeld, Samuel Neves, and
As always, the source is available at https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/ and
information about the project is available at https://www.wireguard.com/ .
This snapshot is available in compressed tarball form here:
A PGP signature of that file decompressed is available here:
Signing key: AB9942E6D4A4CFC3412620A749FC7012A5DE03AE
If you're a snapshot package maintainer, please bump your package version. If
you're a user, the WireGuard team welcomes any and all feedback on this latest
Finally, WireGuard development thrives on donations. By popular demand, we
have a webpage for this: https://www.wireguard.com/donations/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
WireGuard mailing list
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] 1+ messages in thread
only message in thread, back to index
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2018-11-15 20:10 [ANNOUNCE] WireGuard Snapshot `0.0.20181115` Available Jason A. Donenfeld
WireGuard Archive on lore.kernel.org
Archives are clonable: git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/wireguard/0 wireguard/git/0.git
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V2 wireguard wireguard/ https://lore.kernel.org/wireguard \
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox