WireGuard Archive on lore.kernel.org
* [darwin] wg-quick command line flag to prevent disown
@ 2018-07-28 20:36 Niklas Buschmann
From: Niklas Buschmann @ 2018-07-28 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hello,

I am using macOS=E2=80=99s launchd to create a boot daemon that runs =
wg-quick. Now launchd seems to kill the process when wg-quick calls =
disown, so I am currently just manually removing disown from the end of =
monitor_daemon, which of course breaks after each update, so I wish =
there was an option to keep wg-quick in the foreground.

Maybe there is a better approach to run wireguard as macOS daemon? I =
haven=E2=80=99t found any resources on this topic yet.

Thanks,
Niklas=

* Re: [darwin] wg-quick command line flag to prevent disown
@ 2018-07-28 21:51 ` Celti Burroughs
From: Celti Burroughs @ 2018-07-28 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

On Saturday, July 28, 2018 1:36:21 PM MST, Niklas Buschmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using macOS=E2=80=99s launchd to create a boot daemon that runs=20
> wg-quick. Now launchd seems to kill the process when wg-quick=20
> calls disown[...]

You can stop launchd from garbage-collecting processes via the
plist property "AbandonProcessGroup". See the section "Careful
With That Fork, Eugene" [1] in the launchd documentation for
details on the whole mess.

~Celti

[1]:=20
https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/technotes/tn2083/_index.html#//ap=
ple_ref/doc/uid/DTS10003794-CH1-SUBSECTION52