WireGuard Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org>
To: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@zx2c4.com>,
	Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg@fifthhorseman.net>
Cc: Willem van den Akker <wvdakker@wilsoft.nl>,
Subject: Re: wg-quick invoking resolvectl instead of resolvconf on systems where that is appropriate?
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 23:22:21 +0200

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1007 bytes --]

Hi

Am 10.09.19 um 20:52 schrieb Jason A. Donenfeld:
> The standard interface for modifying DNS on Linux is resolvconf. It is
> for this reason that systemd added the compatibility layer.

I don't think this statemement is true.
resolvconf is by no means a Linux standard interface, e.g. Debian never
has shipped with resolvconf installed by default.

It's an optional interface (where different implementations exist).

I think the only distro that ever installed resolvconf by default is
Ubuntu (and I'm not sure they still do on all flavors nowadays).

Which distros nowadays do install resolvconf by default?

> Debian
>> should install the proper symlink. WireGuard upstream will support the
>> standard mechanism of resolvconf.

We can't do that (at least not in the systemd package) as that would
make other implementations like openresolv uninstallable.

universe are pointed away from Earth?