xdp-newbies.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* XDP and AF_XDP performance comparison
@ 2022-09-22  8:21 Federico Parola
From: Federico Parola @ 2022-09-22  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xdp-newbies

Dear all,
I would like to share with this community a draft I recently wrote [1]
on the performance comparison of XDP and AF_XDP packet processing.
In the paper we found some interesting and unexpected results
(especially related to the impact of addressed memory on the performance
of the two technologies) and tried to envision a combined use of the two
technologies, especially to tackle the poor performance of re-injecting
packets into the kernel from user space to leverage the TCP/IP stack.
Any comment and suggestion from this community or any type of joint
work/collaboration would be very appreciated.

Best regards,
Federico Parola

[1]
https://fedeparola.github.io/publication/xdp-af_xdp-cmp/Comparing_User_Space_and_In_Kernel_Packet_Processing_for_Edge_Data_Centers.pdf