xdp-newbies.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* XDP_PASS and XDP_REDIRECT
@ 2020-05-18 16:28 Main, George
From: Main, George @ 2020-05-18 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xdp-newbies

Hello All,

I am working on an XDP Content Based Router project. The basic concept is that a machine running an XDP program acts as a gateway and accepts TCP connections from outside machines. Upon receiving a message it converts the packet to UDP and uses bpf_redirect_map to send the packet out through another interface.

The problem I am encountering is that I want to be able to pass the message to userspace (where the TCP server resides) using XDP_PASS in addition to the redirect. I'm somewhat looking for a way to emulate the functionality of bpf_clone_redirect, but with support for XDP driver mode.

Is this even possible right now? Are there any workarounds?

Thanks!

* Re: XDP_PASS and XDP_REDIRECT
@ 2020-05-18 18:02 ` Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen @ 2020-05-18 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Main, George, xdp-newbies

"Main, George" <mainge@rose-hulman.edu> writes:

> Hello All,
>
> I am working on an XDP Content Based Router project. The basic concept
> is that a machine running an XDP program acts as a gateway and accepts
> TCP connections from outside machines. Upon receiving a message it
> converts the packet to UDP and uses bpf_redirect_map to send the
> packet out through another interface.
>
> The problem I am encountering is that I want to be able to pass the
> message to userspace (where the TCP server resides) using XDP_PASS in
> addition to the redirect. I'm somewhat looking for a way to emulate
> the functionality of bpf_clone_redirect, but with support for XDP
> driver mode.
>
> Is this even possible right now? Are there any workarounds?

I am not sure I quite understand what it is you're trying to do, but no,
there is currently no way to get more than a single action for the same
packet.

-Toke