xdp-newbies.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* XDP program unloads by itself
@ 2020-09-21 15:03 Tugce Ozturk
From: Tugce Ozturk @ 2020-09-21 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xdp-newbies

Hello,

I am trying to run the XDP router program from xdp-tutorials. I
successfully load the program with xdp_loader provided, and I can
verify that the program is loaded with ip command. However, after a
few seconds (this duration is random) the xdp program unloads by
itself without any error. It just disappears.

I tried with different XDP programs, different XDP modes and different
interfaces as well. But the same issue persists. So, could you suggest
me a way to troubleshoot this issue? for e.g. where can I find some
related logs or how can I monitor the behaviour of an XDP program?
Have you ever come across such a problem?

My kernel is 5.4.0-47-generic. NIC driver i40e (tried with ixgbe too).

Best regards,
Tugce O.

* Re: XDP program unloads by itself
@ 2020-09-21 15:15 ` Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen @ 2020-09-21 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tugce Ozturk, xdp-newbies

Tugce Ozturk <tugceozturk.5@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to run the XDP router program from xdp-tutorials. I
> successfully load the program with xdp_loader provided, and I can
> verify that the program is loaded with ip command. However, after a
> few seconds (this duration is random) the xdp program unloads by
> itself without any error. It just disappears.
>
> I tried with different XDP programs, different XDP modes and different
> interfaces as well. But the same issue persists. So, could you suggest
> me a way to troubleshoot this issue? for e.g. where can I find some
> related logs or how can I monitor the behaviour of an XDP program?
> Have you ever come across such a problem?
>
> My kernel is 5.4.0-47-generic. NIC driver i40e (tried with ixgbe too).

Sounds like you have a daemon reconfiguring the interface in the
background? Do you have NetworkManager, systemd-networkd or similar
running?

-Toke

* Re: XDP program unloads by itself
@ 2020-09-21 16:32   ` Tugce Ozturk
From: Tugce Ozturk @ 2020-09-21 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen; +Cc: xdp-newbies

Hi Toke,
I had microk8s daemon running and I disabled it. Now xdp seems to work fine.
Thanks a lot!
T.

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke@redhat.com>, 21 Eyl 2020 Pzt, 18:16

--
Tugce Ozturk
Aalto University | M.Sc. Communications Eng. | Student