* Developing Desktop Window Integration
@ 2015-08-07 16:19 hanji unit
From: hanji unit @ 2015-08-07 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

Hello, I am planning to develop inter-domain graphical window
forwarding, as it is a critical piece of Xen that is missing, that
other Hypervisors have (such as VMWare Unity Mode and VirtualBox
Seamless Mode). Searching around on the internet, I see that there is
no current support for such a feature in Xen, although many have
requested it.

I will be at XenSummit in Seattle later this month. If anyone is
interested in meeting to give their input/sub-features
requests/advice, please email me privately and we can set up a time to
meet at the convention.

Thanks.

* Re: Developing Desktop Window Integration
@ 2015-08-07 16:43 ` Wei Liu
From: Wei Liu @ 2015-08-07 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hanji unit; +Cc: wei.liu2, xen-devel

On Fri, Aug 07, 2015 at 12:19:13PM -0400, hanji unit wrote:
> Hello, I am planning to develop inter-domain graphical window
> forwarding, as it is a critical piece of Xen that is missing, that
> other Hypervisors have (such as VMWare Unity Mode and VirtualBox
> Seamless Mode). Searching around on the internet, I see that there is
> no current support for such a feature in Xen, although many have
> requested it.
>
> I will be at XenSummit in Seattle later this month. If anyone is
> interested in meeting to give their input/sub-features
> requests/advice, please email me privately and we can set up a time to
> meet at the convention.

I have no idea what it takes to implement such feature, but I know Qubes
OS always has similar feature. You may be able to use some of their
infrastructure?

Wei.

@ 2015-08-07 16:55   ` hanji unit
From: hanji unit @ 2015-08-07 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wei Liu; +Cc: xen-devel

I have started looking at what would be required. It looks like a full
graphical stack implementation, including userland, kernelmode, and
possibly even VGA device code. For these reasons, I think it will be a
large undertaking and want to discuss with the community.

I think some of what Qubes did here is closed source.

@ 2015-08-10 15:28     ` Dario Faggioli
From: Dario Faggioli @ 2015-08-10 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hanji unit; +Cc: Wei Liu, xen-devel