* [COVERITY ACCESS] for Doug Goldstein
@ 2016-01-29 16:16 Doug Goldstein
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Doug Goldstein @ 2016-01-29 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

Hi all,

I agree to the conditions in the Xen Project Security [1] and Coverity
[2] Contribution guidelines.

I have been a Gentoo Linux developer since 2001 and involved with
downstream packaging of virtualization products in Gentoo for at least 8
years with a specific focus on QEMU, libvirt, KVM and now days Xen. I've
been a libvirt contributor in the past (with commit access) but for the
last year and half I've found my time consumed in other parts of the
stack. Most recently I've been contributing to Xen. My day job for the
last 8 years has been focused on shipping Linux based devices into
hostile environments and improving the security so that we have some
confidence that they are secure and untampered with. So I have a
personal vested interest in ensuring security holes are plugged and not
left around or provided to organizations with an interest in exploiting
them. Because of this I would like access to the Coverity results to
help plug anything that comes up.

My GPG key is not in the strong web of trust since I have very few
signatures so I can understand if that's a hold up. I'll look forward to
exchanging some signatures at the next Xen Developer Summit either way.

[1] http://www.xenproject.org/security-policy.html
[2] http://xenproject.org/help/contribution-guidelines.html

--
Doug Goldstein

* Re: [COVERITY ACCESS] for Doug Goldstein
@ 2016-01-29 16:28 ` Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk @ 2016-01-29 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Goldstein; +Cc: xen-devel

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 10:16:04AM -0600, Doug Goldstein wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I agree to the conditions in the Xen Project Security [1] and Coverity
> [2] Contribution guidelines.
>
> I have been a Gentoo Linux developer since 2001 and involved with
> downstream packaging of virtualization products in Gentoo for at least 8
> years with a specific focus on QEMU, libvirt, KVM and now days Xen. I've
> been a libvirt contributor in the past (with commit access) but for the
> last year and half I've found my time consumed in other parts of the
> stack. Most recently I've been contributing to Xen. My day job for the
> last 8 years has been focused on shipping Linux based devices into
> hostile environments and improving the security so that we have some
> confidence that they are secure and untampered with. So I have a
> personal vested interest in ensuring security holes are plugged and not
> left around or provided to organizations with an interest in exploiting
> them. Because of this I would like access to the Coverity results to
> help plug anything that comes up.

+1 to provide Coverity access to Doug.

@ 2016-01-29 17:14 ` Andrew Cooper
From: Andrew Cooper @ 2016-01-29 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Goldstein, xen-devel

On 29/01/16 16:16, Doug Goldstein wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I agree to the conditions in the Xen Project Security [1] and Coverity
> [2] Contribution guidelines.
>
> I have been a Gentoo Linux developer since 2001 and involved with
> downstream packaging of virtualization products in Gentoo for at least 8
> years with a specific focus on QEMU, libvirt, KVM and now days Xen. I've
> been a libvirt contributor in the past (with commit access) but for the
> last year and half I've found my time consumed in other parts of the
> stack. Most recently I've been contributing to Xen. My day job for the
> last 8 years has been focused on shipping Linux based devices into
> hostile environments and improving the security so that we have some
> confidence that they are secure and untampered with. So I have a
> personal vested interest in ensuring security holes are plugged and not
> left around or provided to organizations with an interest in exploiting
> them. Because of this I would like access to the Coverity results to
> help plug anything that comes up.
>
> My GPG key is not in the strong web of trust since I have very few
> signatures so I can understand if that's a hold up. I'll look forward to
> exchanging some signatures at the next Xen Developer Summit either way.
>
> [1] http://www.xenproject.org/security-policy.html
> [2] http://xenproject.org/help/contribution-guidelines.html

+1

~Andrew

* Re: [COVERITY ACCESS] for Doug Goldstein
@ 2016-02-01 10:15 ` Wei Liu
From: Wei Liu @ 2016-02-01 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Goldstein; +Cc: xen-devel, wei.liu2

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 10:16:04AM -0600, Doug Goldstein wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I agree to the conditions in the Xen Project Security [1] and Coverity
> [2] Contribution guidelines.
>
> I have been a Gentoo Linux developer since 2001 and involved with
> downstream packaging of virtualization products in Gentoo for at least 8
> years with a specific focus on QEMU, libvirt, KVM and now days Xen. I've
> been a libvirt contributor in the past (with commit access) but for the
> last year and half I've found my time consumed in other parts of the
> stack. Most recently I've been contributing to Xen. My day job for the
> last 8 years has been focused on shipping Linux based devices into
> hostile environments and improving the security so that we have some
> confidence that they are secure and untampered with. So I have a
> personal vested interest in ensuring security holes are plugged and not
> left around or provided to organizations with an interest in exploiting
> them. Because of this I would like access to the Coverity results to
> help plug anything that comes up.
>
> My GPG key is not in the strong web of trust since I have very few
> signatures so I can understand if that's a hold up. I'll look forward to
> exchanging some signatures at the next Xen Developer Summit either way.
>
> [1] http://www.xenproject.org/security-policy.html
> [2] http://xenproject.org/help/contribution-guidelines.html
>
> --
> Doug Goldstein

+1 for this.

Wei.

* Re: [COVERITY ACCESS] for Doug Goldstein
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-02-09 15:18 ` Ian Campbell
From: Ian Campbell @ 2016-02-09 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Goldstein, xen-devel

On Fri, 2016-01-29 at 10:16 -0600, Doug Goldstein wrote:
[...]

There were no objections and 3 in favour (plus me) so I've approved you in
the coverity UI.

Thanks for offering to help out ;-)

Ian.