* [REVERT] blktap2: Use RING_COPY_REQUEST
@ 2016-04-22  8:44 Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2016-04-22  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel; +Cc: Ian Jackson, Wei Liu

Short of getting any feedback on the previous discussion item
http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2016-03/msg00571.html
here's a formal revert request: Please revert commit 19f6c522a6
from the staging tree (afaict it didn't get mirrored to any of the
stable trees yet), as the changes it does are not necessary and
possibly misleading.

Thanks, Jan

* Ping: [REVERT] blktap2: Use RING_COPY_REQUEST
@ 2016-05-02  8:37 ` Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2016-05-02  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wei Liu, Ian Jackson; +Cc: xen-devel

>>> On 22.04.16 at 10:44, <JBeulich@suse.com> wrote:
> Short of getting any feedback on the previous discussion item
> http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2016-03/msg00571.html
> here's a formal revert request: Please revert commit 19f6c522a6
> from the staging tree (afaict it didn't get mirrored to any of the
> stable trees yet), as the changes it does are not necessary and
> possibly misleading.
>
> Thanks, Jan

Ping?

* Re: [REVERT] blktap2: Use RING_COPY_REQUEST
@ 2016-05-02 10:16 ` Wei Liu
From: Wei Liu @ 2016-05-02 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich; +Cc: xen-devel, Wei Liu, Ian Jackson

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 02:44:25AM -0600, Jan Beulich wrote:
> Short of getting any feedback on the previous discussion item
> http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2016-03/msg00571.html
> here's a formal revert request: Please revert commit 19f6c522a6
> from the staging tree (afaict it didn't get mirrored to any of the
> stable trees yet), as the changes it does are not necessary and
> possibly misleading.

FWIW your analysis in the other thread makes sense to me. There doesn't
seem to be interaction between untrusted frontend and backend.

Wei.

@ 2016-05-11 10:00   ` Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2016-05-11 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wei Liu; +Cc: xen-devel, Ian Jackson

>>> On 02.05.16 at 12:16, <wei.liu2@citrix.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 02:44:25AM -0600, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> Short of getting any feedback on the previous discussion item
>> http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2016-03/msg00571.html
>> here's a formal revert request: Please revert commit 19f6c522a6
>> from the staging tree (afaict it didn't get mirrored to any of the
>> stable trees yet), as the changes it does are not necessary and
>> possibly misleading.
>
> FWIW your analysis in the other thread makes sense to me. There doesn't
> seem to be interaction between untrusted frontend and backend.

Since there was no further follow-up: Can the above be taken as
an ack (and a release ack for one)?

Jan

* Re: [REVERT] blktap2: Use RING_COPY_REQUEST
@ 2016-05-11 13:44     ` Wei Liu
From: Wei Liu @ 2016-05-11 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich; +Cc: Ian Jackson, Wei Liu, xen-devel

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 04:00:39AM -0600, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 02:44:25AM -0600, Jan Beulich wrote:
> >> Short of getting any feedback on the previous discussion item
> >> http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2016-03/msg00571.html
> >> here's a formal revert request: Please revert commit 19f6c522a6
> >> from the staging tree (afaict it didn't get mirrored to any of the
> >> stable trees yet), as the changes it does are not necessary and
> >> possibly misleading.
> >
> > FWIW your analysis in the other thread makes sense to me. There doesn't
> > seem to be interaction between untrusted frontend and backend.
>
> Since there was no further follow-up: Can the above be taken as
> an ack (and a release ack for one)?

Doesn't this need an ack from member(s) of the security team before it
can be committed? It is related to an XSA after all.

I don't have clear idea how to proceed in this case TBH. In any case:

Acked-by: Wei Liu <wei.liu2@citrix.com>

And subject to an ack from security team member:

Release-acked-by: Wei Liu <wei.liu2@citrix.com>

Wei.

@ 2016-05-11 14:00       ` Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk @ 2016-05-11 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)