* Questions about virtlogd
@ 2016-06-07 12:11 Wei Liu
From: Wei Liu @ 2016-06-07 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libvir-list
  Cc: George Dunlap, Ian Jackson, Wei Liu, Doug Goldstein, Xen-devel

Hello libvirt maintainers,

Libvirt implements virtlogd in version 1.3 which now handles logging
for QEMU process. I am wondering if it is possible to make it a
separate package and maintain stable interfaces for external users?

This is related to XSA-180 / CVE-2014-3672 (unrestricted QEMU
logging). We are evaluating using virtlogd vs writing our own
solution. I believe there are still some open questions on how exactly
the integration could be done but let's worry about that later.

Thanks
Wei.

[0] https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2014-3672
[1] http://xenbits.xen.org/xsa/advisory-180.html

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-06-07 12:11 UTC | newest]