* Usage of Xen Security Data in VulnerableCode
@ 2023-01-10 13:33 Tushar Goel
From: Tushar Goel @ 2023-01-10 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

Hey,

We would like to integrate the xen security data[1][2] data
in vulnerablecode[3] which is a FOSS db of FOSS vulnerability data.
We were not able to know under which license this security data comes.
We would be grateful to have your acknowledgement over
usage of the xen security data in vulnerablecode and
have some kind of licensing declaration from your side.

[1] - https://xenbits.xen.org/xsa/xsa.json
[2] - https://github.com/nexB/vulnerablecode/pull/1044
[3] - https://github.com/nexB/vulnerablecode

* Re: Usage of Xen Security Data in VulnerableCode
@ 2023-01-10 13:45 ` Andrew Cooper
From: Andrew Cooper @ 2023-01-10 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tushar Goel, xen-devel; +Cc: Xen Security

On 10/01/2023 1:33 pm, Tushar Goel wrote:
> Hey,
>
> We would like to integrate the xen security data[1][2] data
> in vulnerablecode[3] which is a FOSS db of FOSS vulnerability data.
> We were not able to know under which license this security data comes.
> We would be grateful to have your acknowledgement over
> usage of the xen security data in vulnerablecode and
> have some kind of licensing declaration from your side.
>
> [1] - https://xenbits.xen.org/xsa/xsa.json
> [2] - https://github.com/nexB/vulnerablecode/pull/1044
> [3] - https://github.com/nexB/vulnerablecode

Hmm, good question...

In practice, it is public domain, not least because we publish it to
Mitre and various public mailing lists, but I'm not aware of having
explicitly tried to choose a license.

Maybe we want to make it CC-BY-4 to require people to reference back to
the canonical upstream ?

~Andrew

* Re: Usage of Xen Security Data in VulnerableCode
@ 2023-01-19 13:09   ` Tushar Goel
From: Tushar Goel @ 2023-01-19 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Cooper; +Cc: xen-devel, Xen Security, Philippe Ombredanne, jmhoran

Hi Andrew,

> Maybe we want to make it CC-BY-4 to require people to reference back to
> the canonical upstream ?
Thanks for your response, can we have a more declarative statement on
the license from your end
and also can you please provide your acknowledgement over the usage of
Xen security data in vulnerablecode.

Regards,

@ 2023-01-25 11:27     ` George Dunlap
From: George Dunlap @ 2023-01-25 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)