* Request backport to xen qemu-upstream gits of a fix that solves occasional qemu crash using spice
@ 2015-07-15  9:45 Fabio Fantoni
From: Fabio Fantoni @ 2015-07-15  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xen-devel List; +Cc: Stefano.Stabellini

On production system using xen 4.5 I had occasional qemu crash using
spice, from qemu log:
> qemu-system-i386: spice-qemu-char.c:173: spice_chr_add_watch:
> Assertion `cond == G_IO_OUT' failed.
It was solved upstream with this patch:
http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commitdiff;h=f7a8beb5e6a13dc924895244777d9ef08b23b367
I already applied it on 2 my systems with xen>=4.5 without find regressions.
It is a small patch that affect only users that use spice solving an
occasional qemu using spice, so I think is good backport it to
qemu-upstream-unstable.git and qemu-upstream-4.5-testing.git.
On qemu-upstream-4.4-testing.git and older is not needed because they
have older qemu without patch that introduced the regression ("serial:
poll the serial console with G_IO_HUP").

Thanks for any reply and sorry for my bad english.

* Re: Request backport to xen qemu-upstream gits of a fix that solves occasional qemu crash using spice
@ 2015-07-20 11:30 ` Stefano Stabellini
From: Stefano Stabellini @ 2015-07-20 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabio Fantoni; +Cc: Stefano.Stabellini, Xen-devel List

On Wed, 15 Jul 2015, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
> On production system using xen 4.5 I had occasional qemu crash using spice,
> from qemu log:
> > qemu-system-i386: spice-qemu-char.c:173: spice_chr_add_watch: Assertion
> > `cond == G_IO_OUT' failed.
> It was solved upstream with this patch:
> http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commitdiff;h=f7a8beb5e6a13dc924895244777d9ef08b23b367
> I already applied it on 2 my systems with xen>=4.5 without find regressions.
> It is a small patch that affect only users that use spice solving an
> occasional qemu using spice, so I think is good backport it to
> qemu-upstream-unstable.git and qemu-upstream-4.5-testing.git.
> On qemu-upstream-4.4-testing.git and older is not needed because they have
> older qemu without patch that introduced the regression ("serial: poll the
> serial console with G_IO_HUP").

Done. Thanks for pointing it out!