* Fedora - make BLS configs default - Xen Dom0 boot broken
@ 2019-05-15 11:36 Daniel Kiper
From: Daniel Kiper @ 2019-05-15 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel, committers
  Cc: adamwill, marmarek, konrad.wilk, lars.kurth.xen, javierm,
	dfaggioli, pjones, m.a.young, ian.jackson

Hey,

FYI, another Xen Dom0 boot issue on Fedora...

Please take a look at [1]. This will break Xen Dom0 boot due to lack of
support for multiboot, multiboot2, module, and module2 commands. If we
care then this has to be fixed somehow...

Again, I can coordinate work and review patches but I cannot take a stub
at the issue myself. Sorry about that.

Daniel

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/BootLoaderSpecByDefault

* Re: Fedora - make BLS configs default - Xen Dom0 boot broken
@ 2019-05-15 13:02 ` M A Young
From: M A Young @ 2019-05-15 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Kiper
  Cc: adamwill, xen-devel, konrad.wilk, lars.kurth.xen, javierm,
	dfaggioli, pjones, committers, marmarek, ian.jackson

On Wed, 15 May 2019, Daniel Kiper wrote:

> FYI, another Xen Dom0 boot issue on Fedora...
>
> Please take a look at [1]. This will break Xen Dom0 boot due to lack of
> support for multiboot, multiboot2, module, and module2 commands. If we
> care then this has to be fixed somehow...

This bit isn't currently a problem for Xen Dom0 because the
/etc/grub.d/20_linux_xen grub script still generates non-BLS grub
configuration.

	Michael Young

* Re: Fedora - make BLS configs default - Xen Dom0 boot broken
@ 2019-05-16  9:35   ` Daniel Kiper
From: Daniel Kiper @ 2019-05-16  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: M A Young
  Cc: adamwill, xen-devel, konrad.wilk, lars.kurth.xen, javierm,

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 02:02:57PM +0100, M A Young wrote:
> On Wed, 15 May 2019, Daniel Kiper wrote:
>
> > FYI, another Xen Dom0 boot issue on Fedora...
> >
> > Please take a look at [1]. This will break Xen Dom0 boot due to lack of
> > support for multiboot, multiboot2, module, and module2 commands. If we
> > care then this has to be fixed somehow...
>
> This bit isn't currently a problem for Xen Dom0 because the
> /etc/grub.d/20_linux_xen grub script still generates non-BLS grub
> configuration.

Great! So, this makes the issue not so much urgent but we have to have
it on our radar.

Daniel