xenomai.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* [EVL] GPIO driver error
@ 2023-08-31 14:59 Jesus Villena
From: Jesus Villena @ 2023-08-31 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hello,

I have found and error on drivers/gpio/gpiolib-cdev.c: the function lineevent_create doesn't call to init_waitqueue_head(&le->wait), which leads to a critical kernel error plus rebooting when trying to use GPIOs under an EVL enabled kernel.

On branch v5.10.y-evl-rebase the fix would be on line 2026:

2025    INIT_KFIFO(le->events);
2026 + init_waitqueue_head(&le->wait);

I have seen that this error is present also on the other branches.

Greetings

* Re: [EVL] GPIO driver error
@ 2023-09-01 13:11 ` Philippe Gerum
From: Philippe Gerum @ 2023-09-01 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesus Villena; +Cc: xenomai

Jesus Villena <j.villena@ecler.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have found and error on drivers/gpio/gpiolib-cdev.c: the function lineevent_create doesn't call to init_waitqueue_head(&le->wait), which leads to a critical kernel error plus rebooting when trying to use GPIOs under an EVL enabled kernel.
>
> On branch v5.10.y-evl-rebase the fix would be on line 2026:
>
> 2025    INIT_KFIFO(le->events);
> 2026 + init_waitqueue_head(&le->wait);
>
> I have seen that this error is present also on the other branches.

Merged, thanks. You have been credited via the Reported-by tag in the
corresponding commits, please do not hesitate to send 'formal' patches
with your sign-off to submit them for inclusion.

--
Philippe.