meta-freescale.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* Use u-boot-fslc for imx8mnevk
@ 2020-07-08 14:40 Peter Bergin
From: Peter Bergin @ 2020-07-08 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

working with dunfell branch and I want to build image for i.Mx8M Nano
EVK and using u-boot-fslc as bootloader.

I have this setup in my conf/auto.conf:

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux-fslc-imx"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/bootloader="u-boot-fslc"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_u-boot="u-boot-fslc"
UBOOT_DTB_NAME="imx8mn-ddr4-evk.dtb"

As I'm also building the linux-fslc-imx kernel I have 'IMX_DEFAULT_BSP =
"nxp"' set. And with this setting the u-boot-fslc was incompatible with
imx8mnevk machine. So here I'm a bit stuck. To come pass this I added a
bbappend and made u-boot-fslc compatible with my machine. Is
linux-fslc-imx+u-boot-fslc an unsupported config to use?

With u-boot-fslc enabled for my machine the build work as expected and
the correct kernel and bootloader are built. But it fails at imx-boot
that search for a dtb file that shall be present in
tmp/deploy/images/imx8mnevk/imx-boot-tools. When using NXPs u-boot-imx
this file is placed in that directory in do_deploy_append but this is
not done for u-boot-fslc. Shall imx-boot and u-boor-fslc be used
together or is it another way to package this when using u-boot-fslc?

Anyone having input in this? Is this a bug or do I need to change my
config? Is this a tested configuration by someone or am I the first one
trying this out?

Thanks,
/Peter