meta-freescale.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* Root filesystem missing
@ 2020-03-23 22:23 Mark Farver
From: Mark Farver @ 2020-03-23 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Trying to get linux-fslc-imx running on a new custom carrier board
running a Karo-8133 module and I'm stuck trying to get the root
filesystem to detect.

Trying different things the boot process can never find the root
filesystem, though I can ext2ls it just fine from within u-Boot.

Waiting for root device PARTUUID=0cc66cc0-02...

Drivers for SD and EXT2/4 filesystems are in the kernel.  I found some
stuff that seem to imply there was some naming aliasing going on in
the imx kernel that might explain this:

sdhci: Secure Digital Host Controller Interface driver
sdhci: Copyright(c) Pierre Ossman
sdhci-pltfm: SDHCI platform and OF driver helper
imx6dl-pinctrl 20e0000.iomuxc: unable to find group for node usdhc2grp
imx6dl-pinctrl 20e0000.iomuxc: unable to find group for node usdhc2grp
sdhci-esdhc-imx: probe of 2194000.usdhc failed with error -22
imx6dl-pinctrl 20e0000.iomuxc: unable to find group for node usdhc4grp
imx6dl-pinctrl 20e0000.iomuxc: unable to find group for node usdhc4grp
sdhci-esdhc-imx: probe of 219c000.usdhc failed with error -22

Any suggestions on debugging this problem?  Does the aliasing mean I
should use other names for the pinctrl entries?

Alternatively, is there a kernel and etnaviv driver combination that I
should be using instead with Rocko?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-03-23 22:23 UTC | newest]