meta-freescale.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* SPI for IMX6x with cyclic DMA
@ 2020-08-13 13:31 Andrea Tessadri
From: Andrea Tessadri @ 2020-08-13 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

I've just developed and tested cyclic DMA transfer for a SPI device on a
IMX6UL with kernel 4.9.88
I wanted to have a single SPI transfer repeated continuously in order to
feed a DAC for generation of a particular waveform for a medical device,
without interruption and minimal jitter (this is why I though to make the
change at low level, instead of making the protocol driver to pump several
identical messages to SPI subsystem)
I am wondering if this feature could be interesting for other applications
and if it is worth to submit a patch for drivers/spi/spi-imx.c
Thank you in advance

  Andrea

* Re: [meta-freescale] SPI for IMX6x with cyclic DMA
@ 2020-08-13 14:28 ` Andrey Zhizhikin
       [not found]   ` <6bd6ba74-1b5f-4f9d-cc68-73791014014a@nelint.com>
From: Andrey Zhizhikin @ 2020-08-13 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 3:31 PM Andrea Tessadri
<tessadriandrea@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've just developed and tested cyclic DMA transfer for a SPI device on a IMX6UL with kernel 4.9.88
> I wanted to have a single SPI transfer repeated continuously in order to feed a DAC for generation of a particular waveform for a medical device, without interruption and minimal jitter (this is why I though to make the change at low level, instead of making the protocol driver to pump several identical messages to SPI subsystem)
> I am wondering if this feature could be interesting for other applications and if it is worth to submit a patch for drivers/spi/spi-imx.c

This is definitely a wrong list for those changes, it should go to
LKML instead. This list is used for discussions regarding Yocto
Project distribution, and I believe you're interested in merging your
changes into Kernel. For that you should post this RFC to LKML.

> Thank you in advance
>
>   Andrea

Andrey.

@ 2020-08-13 15:34     ` Andrea Tessadri