meta-freescale.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* Can't build weston image due to missing xserver-xorg-xwayland dependency
@ 2021-04-29  5:54 Carlos Rafael Giani
From: Carlos Rafael Giani @ 2021-04-29  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

I tried building latest master. core-image-base builds fine.
core-image-weston fails with this error:

     nothing provides xserver-xorg-xwayland needed by
weston-xwayland-9.0.0.imx-r0.cortexa53-crypto-mx8m

What is confusing is that I can't find "xserver-xorg-xwayland" anywhere
in meta-freescale or any other layer. There is xwayland, but not
xserver-xorg-xwayland.

Is this a known bug? Or am I missing some settings somewhere?

* Re: [meta-freescale] Can't build weston image due to missing xserver-xorg-xwayland dependency
@ 2021-04-29  7:36 ` Andrey Zhizhikin
From: Andrey Zhizhikin @ 2021-04-29  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Rafael Giani; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hello Carlos,

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 7:54 AM Carlos Rafael Giani via
lists.yoctoproject.org <crg7475=mailbox.org@lists.yoctoproject.org>
wrote:

> I tried building latest master. core-image-base builds fine.
> core-image-weston fails with this error:
>
>      nothing provides xserver-xorg-xwayland needed by
> weston-xwayland-9.0.0.imx-r0.cortexa53-crypto-mx8m
>
> What is confusing is that I can't find "xserver-xorg-xwayland" anywhere
> in meta-freescale or any other layer. There is xwayland, but not
> xserver-xorg-xwayland.
>
> Is this a known bug? Or am I missing some settings somewhere?

There has been few patches from Alex in OE-Core regarding the xserver
and moving to xwayland, some examples are:
9fc863bcdb weston: use standalone xwayland instead of outdated
xserver-xorg version
07d33c8ec8 xwayland: add a standalone recipe

My best guess would be the recipe that builds NXP fork should be
adapted in the similar manner.

Andrey.